Advice From Tejon Users Please....

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alright Tejon users, I am in a quandary. I absolutely love my Vaquero! It finds great stuff and is super reliable. I have been reading up on the Tejon lately and I am thinking about selling the Vaquero and getting a Tejon. Any thoughts on this from the Tejon users? The Vaq is such a great machine, I'm wondering what I'm missing out on by not having the Tejon. I mostly hunt for old coins and buttons, but lately I have been getting interested in Relics as well. I'd like to think the Tejon is great for all 3. I heav read it can get a little bit deeper than the Vaquero and at the sites I hunt, that little bit can make a big difference. Thank you in advance....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tejon is good for all three, but it is in the set up of the disc settings. It gives you the choice of digging when checking out the second disc settings.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I got my new Tejon two-weeks ago, I have not even picked the Vaquero up! I am BLOWN AWAY by the depth of the Tejon, and the ease of dual discrimination!

Cal G.

Mar 19, 2003
Have you considered keeping the Vaquero to use with a smaller or different coil and adding the Tehon to your arsenal? I'm thinking about doing this myself later on. They both can use the same type coils also. HH

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Tejon is good for all three, but it is in the set up of the disc settings. It gives you the choice of digging when checking out the second disc settings.

Since I got my new Tejon two-weeks ago, I have not even picked the Vaquero up! I am BLOWN AWAY by the depth of the Tejon, and the ease of dual discrimination!

Either of you using a Widescan?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm using the stock 9" x 8" coil. PLENTY deep so far. I may pick up the 12" x 10" in the future for farm field hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread