All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unless you are running in all metal, it switches to a preset ground balance as soon as you flip it into the Discriminate mode, which means you'll probably cut your depth in half if your soil is hot. Call the factory and see if they can give you any insight, or maybe rephase the coil.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoping someone can give me some tips on how to set up an older Lobo. I'm thinking maybe I don't have the ground balance right because it doesn't seem to hit any deeper than my Compadre. I have the owner's manual but the tuning instructions seem a little confusing to me. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Have u tried even just a simple google on setting the machine up? Some things will pop right up & can b very help ful, I agree with terry & calling the factory for some more insight. More info,more you know,more u know better ur finds,& fun ur gonna have without thinking uve missed something

OP
OP
T

tnTesoro

Jun 24, 2013
Mt. Juliet, TN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've emailed the factory and I'm waiting for a reply. All of the videos I find online are about the newer SuperTraq version of the Lobo.

Terry, your video about tuning the Vaquero was very helpful. Thanks! I had a Vaquero and had to sell it before I got to use it. Regret that. Was looking for another Vaquero when I found this Lobo. With the Lobo, I can't seem to dial in that low threshold sound like you did with the Vaquero. Does anyone know, do the machines just sound different?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got an Eliptical coil for older Lobo I purchased by mistake thinking it would fit Vaquero. I'll all but give it away. $40 shipped. Send PM if interested.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got an Eliptical coil for older Lobo I purchased by mistake thinking it would fit Vaquero. I'll all but give it away. $40 shipped. Send PM if interested.

That's a good deal $40 for a coil I don't c how its not a bad deal

OP
OP
T

tnTesoro

Jun 24, 2013
Mt. Juliet, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. That is very good deal but I have that coil.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've emailed the factory and I'm waiting for a reply. All of the videos I find online are about the newer SuperTraq version of the Lobo.

Terry, your video about tuning the Vaquero was very helpful. Thanks! I had a Vaquero and had to sell it before I got to use it. Regret that. Was looking for another Vaquero when I found this Lobo. With the Lobo, I can't seem to dial in that low threshold sound like you did with the Vaquero. Does anyone know, do the machines just sound different?

Call Rusty Henry at the factory 928-771-2646 and get the real dope on this. A 10-minute conversation will solve your problems.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i read a ways back that Tesoro will not repair the old lobo ..... They will only repair the new Lobo Super Trac...... I thought that by now that was known by every one..... For some one was bidding on a old lobo and asked about repairs ....And Tesoro said they do not repair the old lobo.......... Something about parts for it.................. There ..... goes .... my .... darn .... dots .... again...................

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tnTesoro

Jun 24, 2013
Mt. Juliet, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i read a ways back that Tesoro will not repair the old lobo ..... They will only repair the new Lobo Super Trac...... I thought that by now that was known by every one..... For some one was bidding on a old lobo and asked about repairs ....And Tesoro said they do not repair the old lobo.......... Something about parts for it.................. There ..... goes .... my .... darn .... dots .... again...................

I got a reply to my email from a guy named Reid at Tesoro. He was very helpful and said I should send it in and they would check it out. He said they can "tune the coil" whatever that means. Hopefully it works out and I'll make that one my nugget hunter. Meanwhile, I bought another Vaquero. Hoping it gets here by the weekend 'cause I got permission to hunt an old homestead on Saturday!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread