My first silver with the Silver uMax

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the first silver coin I have found with the Silver uMax. It hit super strong and was only 3" deep. It was shallow because there was an old gravel road bed under the sod and it was on top of the road bed. The area was so trashy you could not go 2" in any direction without getting pops and clicks from the disc. circuit. When I got a solid tone mixed in I slowed way down and let the Silver uMax separate the target from the trash. Founds lots of clad, some wheaties and this beauty! This little detector excels at separating the trash from the targets, just need to slow down and let it do it's magic. My settings were sens. at 10+ and disc. just shy of zinc penny using the 8" stock concentric coil.

Coin1.JPG Coin2.JPG

If I were to purchase a 5.75" coil should I get the concentric or DD? My soil is mild.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome nice finds & its cool to hear people happy & getting there machines its what its about having fun nice job man

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the silver!!! On your coil question the Widescan will give you better target separation over the concentric.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions