thinking on getting.. All I know is it is mint and is Tesoro silver -I think sabre2

crusty metal

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thinking on getting.. All I know is it is 'mint' and is Tesoro silver -I think sabre2

I saw it at a thrift store- It comes with headphones.. $69. I am not sure if Sabre 2 but isn't 'any' Tesoro regardless of size (looks to have very small control box) is worth that? I don't know if it works but outside looks mint. I am also wondering is the factory disk that is very thin and about 7-8 inch diameter ok?

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Ask to take it outside to check it out. If it works fine I think it would be worth $69 for sure.

OP
OP
C

crusty metal

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my mistake (sorry).. went there to buy it this morning, and I was obviously walking in another world yesterday- I knew I was tired but not that tired as price was $189- not $69! I may have looked at something else as they had a ton of guy stuff there, but needless to say I was wrong and I didn't buy it at that price for used (had I needed one..maybe..but I don't as I got 2 other detectors) Gene

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad. I would still get it for that price. I've had mine for nearly 20 years with no issues and lots of loot, gold coins to Civil War and Revolutionary War relics. I'm shopping for a new Tesoro now and have it narrowed down to 3 possibles; Outlaw, Lobo, and Tejon. I think I'll start a thread and see what the other users think.

OP
OP
C

crusty metal

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may still pursue it.. I did notice battery cover gone (no big deal) and I did take a 9v battery along and tested it right in store- worked fine. It is a Silver Umax..It does have headphones with it too- worth $189? All I use now is a couple old Garretts. One is a GTI1500. Gene

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Umax has a great reputation as a coin machine.

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used and missing the battery cover? $189 is a bit high. Maybe $150, tops.

I may still pursue it.. I did notice battery cover gone (no big deal) and I did take a 9v battery along and tested it right in store- worked fine. It is a Silver Umax..It does have headphones with it too- worth $189? All I use now is a couple old Garretts. One is a GTI1500. Gene

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's one on ebay now for just under 150. Looks new.

OP
OP
C

crusty metal

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya.. I thought it was bit high but not way over. I think I am just going to pass on it and be satisfied with what I got. I hope to get a water one someday before I get to old to get out there, but that is years down the road hopefully.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread