Dec 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The larger the coil the deeper it goes up to a point and then it sees to much minerals. Check the Tesoro website and research the field tests..

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The stock coil should be deeper, but the 7" is a good park coin hunter. My DeLeon has very good depth on coins and should be good for relics as long as the ground isn't too mineralized as it doesn't have manual or auto ground balance. I find for most coin shooting that a sensitivity setting from 7 to 9 runs very smooth and gives plenty of depth. I usually have the disc set below nickel. I really like the D. Only thing I'd change would be add a manual ground balance in both all metal and disc.
luvsdux

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig all your signals with the Deleon. Target I.D gets a little iffy beyond 7'to 8' in. Found two dimes at 12 in. yesterday . Target graph identified them as pulltabs . Target id numbers showed in the 80's. I bought my Deleon for 100 bucks at a garage sale . Ive owned at least six different detectors, 4 brands, and so far the Deleon is my favorite. For 80 bucks you stole it :) I use the stock coil . I have yet to miss a target ,flip it in all metal mode to pinpoint ,its right on the money.

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig all your signals with the Deleon. Target I.D gets a little iffy beyond 7'to 8' in. Found two dimes at 12 in. yesterday . Target graph identified them as pulltabs . Target id numbers showed in the 80's. I bought my Deleon for 100 bucks at a garage sale . Ive owned at least six different detectors, 4 brands, and so far the Deleon is my favorite. For 80 bucks you stole it :) I use the stock coil . I have yet to miss a target ,flip it in all metal mode to pinpoint ,its right on the money.

Wow, thats pretty impressive that the decade old Deleon is a fav over the newer AT Pro.

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, thats pretty impressive that the decade old Deleon is a fav over the newer AT Pro.
The Tesoro will find anything the at Pro will , just not in the water :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread