I have another question.....

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking at a 2nd or a "back-up" machine....i am looking at some of the tesoro units and also the Fisher cz-3d keeps appealing to me. Almost bought the Fisher instead of my ATP. The things i really like on the CZ are the proven depth of this machine and the fact that nickols are above pull tabs on the disc. knob. Why doesnt every maker put pull tabs below nickols? This would def. be enough to make me pull the trigger on a Tesoro. It would require alot less thumbing of the disc. knob i believe. Is this something that Tesoro is unable to do? Is there any other detectors out there with the CZ's disc. arrangement? I dont completely even understand how this is possible because a small gold ring usually hits with nickols and a larger ring with pull tabs....so does a small ring hit higher than a large one on the CZ?

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
As for my Outlaw I've found 4 gold rings (2 14k/2 10k) and 2 small thin 10k chains and they all came up 1/2 way between nickel & pull tab to just after pull tab. All pull tabs I've dug always come in pretty much right at pull tab on the disc.
I can't comment on a CZ-3D as I've never looked into one, but I love my Outlaw and would highly recommend one. :icon_thumleft:
It absolutely blows my GTI 2500 away in every category and I like it better than the Explorer.

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found rings and jewelry with my ATP ....but i have dug ALOT of pull tabs also. The thing is for coin shooting, it would be hard to beat a machine of any brand that u could set the disc. to just below a nickol and not have to worry about pull tabs. My parks are full of tabs ....as are most parks. But still need someoone to explain how Fisher can do this but others cant???? And I do really like the OUTLAW....probably gonna have one at christmas, Ronzie. Lookin at a compadre for my son right now....it will suit him better than the coinmaster i think. Is there anyplace cheaper on a compadre than Kelleyco ($160.00)?

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
There are dealers on here that I've heard give discounts to members of this site.

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro limits the discount dealers can give to 15% off list price. If it's new and from an authorized dealer I'm pretty sure that's the best you can do. I believe that why you can't get 'free' packages with Tersoro's from places like KellyCo. That being said it never hurts to ask! :icon_thumright:

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call a forum sponsor and you will get a good deal. Don't go to their sight. Call them.

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checked out some of their sites the other day, but none of them listed Tesoro as a brand they sale???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions