Calling all Experts Again !

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
shotgun shell.JPG
Hello ,im hoping that yall can see this picture as was the case with the other post of mine where no one could see it , Ok heres whats going on < My outlaw will not hit on this shell in any setting on disc in other words it will not hit on this shell no matter how low high sensivity or dis is set , but in all metal it will hit very well , its ground balanced well , any ideas :) thanks Reed ???:BangHead::headbang:

OP
OP
reed88

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
would someone please tell me if the picture on my post can be seen from opening the post ,, thanks :)

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This particulat shotgun shell is not brass, it is the cheapest throwaway shells they can build. The base is stamped tin. Your detector is probably not supposed to see it except in all metal.

But the picture is fine.

RJGMC
HI BOB!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A number of detectors have a bit of built in rejection of small iron when in disc mode even set at 0. Helps eliminate unwanted signals from small pieces of trash in trashy areas, yet allows signals from more desirable metals. All metal mode takes care of the problem if one wants to detect targets in this range.
luvsdux

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like there is rust on it. If so the small iron rejection built in would be the reason.

OP
OP
reed88

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
Thanks Guys ,, I think this is good enuff reason to keep the outlaw :)

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found those all the time with my ace 250.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This particulat shotgun shell is not brass, it is the cheapest throwaway shells they can build. The base is stamped tin. Your detector is probably not supposed to see it except in all metal.

But the picture is fine.

RJGMC
HI BOB!

Doubt it! It should pick it up at least! My detector picks up anything metal. Theres a video showing an outlaw that wont pick up a white gold ring unless disc is turned all the way down to iron. Something it not right with those Outlaws.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if memory serves me, the outlaw has circuits similar to the bandito II umax, which was not a true zero discriminate, lets see now, what was it they called that...think think think...180 discriminate vs 160 discriminate

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doubt it! It should pick it up at least! My detector picks up anything metal. Theres a video showing an outlaw that wont pick up a white gold ring unless disc is turned all the way down to iron. Something it not right with those Outlaws.

On those YouTube video's, people can make a video that won't pick up a white gold ring because the ring could be fake or plastic. It could be a video bashing a certain brand of detector. Don't believe everything you see.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On those YouTube video's, people can make a video that won't pick up a white gold ring because the ring could be fake or plastic. It could be a video bashing a certain brand of detector. Don't believe everything you see.
Really? It seemed to me that the guy was wondering why it wouldn't pick it up, not that he was trying to discredit the Outlaw! Who would go to all the trouble to make a video using a fake ring just to show that the Outlaw is not working right? Highly doubtful

razerback408

Dec 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if memory serves me, the outlaw has circuits similar to the bandito II umax, which was not a true zero discriminate, lets see now, what was it they called that...think think think...180 discriminate vs 160 discriminate
the out law has the ed120 discriminate it looks like tin and the out law is not going to see it in dis

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread