luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Troy built these around the Tesoro Silver Sabre umax. Added a coin check button which is similar to a second discrimination point. However, the picture shows the 9 inch coil as the 7 inch coil is solid and in some opinions the better coil over the tesoso 7" coil. Haven't compared them personally, but I'm a fan of the Tesoro 7" concentric.
luvsdux

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PS - they are good detectors, but no longer manufactured and the price seems a bit steep imo. The tesoros umax line of coils are compatible.
luvsdux

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used Tesoro coils hold their value... If you are not pleased with this coil, you will have too convince someone else of its value as well as explain why you are selling it!

OP
OP
E

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The owner of this machine states that the coil is a 7 inch....Tesoro never made a 7 inch, open center coil...A white open center, but not a black 7....I email the person asking if it might be a 8 inch open center painted black, but no reply.....Any ideas....

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I stated in my first post the picture shows a TROY (tesoro compatible) open center 9". Tesoro made lots of white, 7 inch solid coils whereas the Troy 7" was a thinner solid, black coil, no center hole. The Troy 7" is often in demand as it is supposedly a bit deeper than the Tesoro, but I've never had the opportunity to check that out. I use the white Tesoro 7" a lot and personally doubt that the Troy would be enough deeper to justify purchasing one.
luvsdux

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear/read alot about Troy detectors. I've never held or seen one in person. Where can I make this happen? Troy seems to have a large following still.
Thanks
Peace

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see them occasionally on forum sale pages and on Ebay. If you don't know, the X2 was the only one that I know of based on a Tesoro platform. The 3 and 5 were on Fisher platforms.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread