golden umax lovers only

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used
USING-Tesoro DeLeon, Vaquero, Compadre

OWNED-Bounty Hunter Platinum, Whites Classic II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please share any tips, mods or what you have found with this unit. Also any question that pertain to the golden umax in a positive way please. If you don't like this detector please move along or start your own thread.

Bettybop

Mar 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey woodknack, bum rap you got on your other thread. I have been following it because I want to get a golden umax. I too am very interested in more info.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread will be monitored to be sure it doesn't happen again. Please keep replies on topic...

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bettybop,welcome aboard! I think the golden umax has a unique feature With the tones width control. What do you plan on searching for with yours?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

I do not own a uMax, but the Tesoro product line has peaked my interest. I hunt with tone only with all of my detectors, perhaps one of these products could be used to fill a gap in my arsenal. Anyway, I will begin researching the company and product line. Thank you for creating a spark!

As a side note; there appears to be many forum members with products from the Tesoro line.

Regards,

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I do not own a uMax, but the Tesoro product line has peaked my interest. I hunt with tone only with all of my detectors, perhaps one of these products could be used to fill a gap in my arsenal. Anyway, I will begin researching the company and product line. Thank you for creating a spark!

As a side note; there appears to be many forum members with products from the Tesoro line.

Regards,

Your very welcome.tesoro makes many different detectors. But the golden has me intrigued. Hope we can make a good learning thread here to help those that have one and those that want to get one.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you TH. It did get a little ridiculous. Woodnack since I posted to you last I found my golden umax instruction manual, if you would want it, I think it is different from the manual on the tesoro website for discontinued detectors.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It describes the multi tones and the adjustment of notch using no disc.

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It describes the multi tones and the adjustment of notch using no disc.

Yes trooper733 I'd be very interested in that. Thanks. And welcome back..

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
yes sir. If you want, you can pm me your email address and I will scan it and send it to you as a pdf file.

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bettybop

Mar 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bettybop,welcome aboard! I think the golden umax has a unique feature With the tones width control. What do you plan on searching for with yours?

Oh don't have a detector just yet. But I plan on hunting for coins and jewelry. I live by a big park and a few schools. One of the schools is pretty old.

I hope others chime in and tells us more about the golden umax. Along with you woody, I'd like to hear more about it.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Please share any tips, mods or what you have found with this unit. Also any question that pertain to the golden umax in a positive way please. If you don't like this detector please move along or start your own thread.

Are you going to get a golden UMAX or are you still deciding?
It was my first detector. Didn't know a whole lot about it brefore I bought it. Just wanted a detector and was swayed by what I read about Tesoro. Use it on the dry beach sand. Last summer found two gold rings and a gold bracelet with it. I like the four tones. Allows me to try to guess what it is before I dig. I also use it in woods because it is compact and easy to carry in a back sack. I find it to be fun to use. Trashy Parks I use the DFX. You don'know fully what something is until you use it yourself.

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you going to get a golden UMAX or are you still deciding?
It was my first detector. Didn't know a whole lot about it brefore I bought it. Just wanted a detector and was swayed by what I read about Tesoro. Use it on the dry beach sand. Last summer found two gold rings and a gold bracelet with it. I like the four tones. Allows me to try to guess what it is before I dig. I also use it in woods because it is compact and easy to carry in a back sack. I find it to be fun to use. Trashy Parks I use the DFX. You don'know fully what something is until you use it yourself.

Oh I defiantly want to get one. From what i have read and seen it would be perfect for my kind of hunting. Now the hard part is finding one and at the right price. I have other detectors so I'm in no hurry. I'll just keep my eye out for a good deal on one.
tell me how you have yours setup. Do you use the notch width to a dust the tone?

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a good read. Its been about 5 years since I last read it. Its a strong sales pitch by the manufacturer and a good one too. Not being critical just recognising what it is. Enjoyed reading it.

Ya your right. But it does go over the features of the golden which are unique and explains how they work a little. I found another sight that showed how to set it up to get the most gold for the settings. But I don't want to post it on here because its from a different forum and I don't want to get in trouble posting something I shouldn't.

Its just got a lot of different ways and options to set up this detector to look for what you want. The closes thing I see in the Tesoro to the golden is the cortes. only because the cortes has multi tones. But you can't run that one in multi tone all the time unless you have you thumb holding over the SUM switch all the time. And I don't believe you can change the tone pitch with the cortes. But the cortes does have the narrow and wide notch feature which notches out certain junk but still picks the coins etc.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Ya your right. But it does go over the features of the golden which are unique and explains how they work a little. I found another sight that showed how to set it up to get the most gold for the settings. But I don't want to post it on here because its from a different forum and I don't want to get in trouble posting something I shouldn't.

Its just got a lot of different ways and options to set up this detector to look for what you want. The closes thing I see in the Tesoro to the golden is the cortes. only because the cortes has multi tones. But you can't run that one in multi tone all the time unless you have you thumb holding over the SUM switch all the time. And I don't believe you can change the tone pitch with the cortes. But the cortes does have the narrow and wide notch feature which notches out certain junk but still picks the coins etc.

You certainly are excited about this detector. I hope you find one soon at a good price.

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You certainly are excited about this detector. I hope you find one soon at a good price.

LOL.. I'm in no hurry really. Just like to know more about it right now, thats all. But for the hunting I do I think it would be perfect. Do you still use yours much or do you still have it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread