Bandido II

randyalbin

Sep 24, 2007
Flat Rock, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's 5900 CB,XL Pro,IDX Pro,MX5,Tesoro's Bandido,INCA,OutLaw,Tiger Shark,Toltec ll,Toltec 100,Troy Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a Bandido II (NOT a B2 uMAX), but I think he may be asking too much. What is fair $$? I know another guy with a Golden uMAX for around $300 but I think the B2 is more my style. Does anyone know much about the B2 before it became a uMAX? As in coils I can use for it? Or tips?

I have the B2 it is a larger machine than a micro max, great machine though. The going price for a nice one is around $200 to around $250 for a creampuff. Any of the 5 pin coils will work on it and the current Epsilon coils will work. All I can tell you about it is that operates at 10kHZ, has a 10 turn ground balance with threshold based all metal mode that is either auto tuned or manual re tuned. The ED-120 discrimination is the best in iron nail infested areas with a smaller than stock concentric coil. like the discontinued 7" or the newer 5.75 concentric. You can go to the Tesoro website and bring up a manual on it also all other Tesoro models. GL & HH

OP
OP
D

DirtToad

Greenie
May 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I will see if he still has it then. What can I expect on average in mild soil on a penny in the foil disc range at half sense? This kinda gives me a idea if I'll need to send it in for a tune up.

randyalbin

Sep 24, 2007
Flat Rock, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's 5900 CB,XL Pro,IDX Pro,MX5,Tesoro's Bandido,INCA,OutLaw,Tiger Shark,Toltec ll,Toltec 100,Troy Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always run the Bandido ll with sensitivity up around 7 or 8 and with a good ground balance it can get 8 inches on a dime in the ground. That is with the stock 8" coil in mild ground. It will give a small faint signal on a dime that deep, just sounds sweet and you know it's a keeper.

OP
OP
D

DirtToad

Greenie
May 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always run the Bandido ll with sensitivity up around 7 or 8 and with a good ground balance it can get 8 inches on a dime in the ground. That is with the stock 8" coil in mild ground. It will give a small faint signal on a dime that deep, just sounds sweet and you know it's a keeper.

Thanks for the info!! That's a lot better than my Compadre!! It can hit em at about 41/2 inches with discr at "O" in foil, but I can tell it's a coin.

SandomingoJim

Sep 8, 2016
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM 1000, Whites Goldmaster II, Tesoro Bandido II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a Tesoro Bandido II that I bought new. I have the 4, 7, and 8 inch concentric coils. I'm not really sure what it is worth, I never plan on selling it. I just can't part with it. LOL

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I have a Bandido umax, not the Bandido II umax. I also have a Compadre with 7" coil. Soils can be very different & affect depth. My Compadre in inert Florida soil is good for about 6-7" on a dime & Bandido gives me about 2 more inches. It is better in trashy areas than the Compy. In my opinion, the Bandidos are worth $175-$225 in good operating condition.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent like $225 on mine shipped. But it's a Bandido II Micromax. Pristine condition. As in literally looked like it had never been touched.
It came with very very early poles too. The shiny ones without the cam locks (very wobbly). Later they sold the shiny ones with the cam locks like the ones that came on my original cutlass Micromax. I'm not sure if the ones that came on the Bandido are what originally came on that model, but it was the cleanest detector I've ever bought besides the brand new ones.
Can't help on the cost of the Bandido II box one.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have an original Bandido II (not uMax) i bought second hand for 50 euro. Great detector for hunting coins. I put the discrimination on 6 and then 80% of the signals are coins or silver. This detector is on his best on grass in parks. This Bandido II was my start to become a Tesoro believer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread