Golden uMAX or Bandido II

DirtToad

Greenie
May 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At that cross roads where I actually found a Golden uMAX at a pawn store... I've been hoping for one to come around. But I've got a Bandido II I can still pick up for about half... Any of y'all compared the two? I'd like the B2 for the reach it gets with disc but the four tones kinda pull me toward the Golden. I also just bought a new Garrett pro-pointer AT so...

OP
OP
D

DirtToad

Greenie
May 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well seems no one has a comment... Guess I'll just chat away to myself on the thoughts of whether to dump $300 on a barely used Golden uMAX or about a hundred on a original B2 that's had some glory days just before closet queen status. Oh by the way I am enjoying the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT its a real gas!! I just turn it to silent and move dirt. Found a tiny earring today and the Pointer had to almost touch it to sound off?? Not sure about that but found it and a lot of chain link fence wire pieces about a quarter inch long that sounded off like coin and wouldn't disc out. Y'all experience that?

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dirttoad, I have never owned the original BII, so there is no way that I can compare the two and probably most others haven't either. I've read some really good things about the original BII and its ability to work well at sites that are loaded with nails. If you can swing it, and can get a good price on each detector, buy both and determine for yourself which one that you like the best and then sell the other one. Maybe keep both. Key thing is, buying them at a good price so you don't lose any money.

tabman

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BII can go really deep, if the GUmax doesn't have ground balance I would pass on it.

OP
OP
D

DirtToad

Greenie
May 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies!! I really appreciate the info. I'll see about the B2 then. It be nice to buy both but the significant other may have something to say about that. Lol!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
300 hundred on a barely used golden is a good price. They don't come up that often on ebay. No manual ground ballance. Not a problem where i hunt.

OP
OP
D

DirtToad

Greenie
May 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the Bandido II (not uMAX) can't wait to take it for a dig!! I keep thinking about going back to get the Golden though... If it's there next time I'm there it's mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread