Tesoro Vaquero - Dirty Silver

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been waiting on some rain since my last hunt, but it never came. Today it was cloudy, windy and had a 50% chance of rain. I decided I couldn't wait anymore, I needed a silver fix.

I decided to detect the yard that was next to the one that I last detected. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tesoro/465904-tesoro-outlaw-rampage.html I had high hopes since I found plenty of silver in the yard next door.

Right off the bat I found a silver quarter. That got me fired up. The next silver coin that I found was so black and dirty that I thought that it was a clad coin at first. After a closer look I realized it was a silver coin.

Then I found what I thought was a junk ring. It was all tarnished so I threw it into my pouch.

The next silver that I got was a mercury dime and it to was also all blacken and tarnished. That made me take a closer look at the ring again. It turns out to be silver, not a junker as I first thought.

This is the first time ever that I've run into blacken coins like this. Most coins that I find come out of the ground as clean as can be. The coins that I found around 40 feet away next door were all bright and shiny. I wonder what the deal is?

Oh yeah, my setting were: discrimination just above iron, a little negative on the ground balance and full sensitivity and I also found 12 wheat pennies.

tabman

Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20002_zpshyr6khbf.jpg
Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20004_zpshv46uv6v.jpg

Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20006_zpsuqec9e0t.jpg
Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20008_zpsgerkvjan.jpg

Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20009_zpsvasdz0c1.jpg
Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20012_zpsux9wiji6.jpg

Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20016_zpsvyhsnrhu.jpg

Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20013_zpsr24m7uao.jpg

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a very good hunt. Congrats on the 3 silvers and the ring. :thumbsup: Looks like the site kept you busy bu looking at the number of targets you dug.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a very good hunt. Congrats on the 3 silvers and the ring. :thumbsup: Looks like the site kept you busy bu looking at the number of targets you dug.

Thanks. I try to keep the discrimination set low and dig most every audio signal in hopes of finding a gold ring or unmask a silver coin. Quite a few of my silver coins that I find are in holes with other trash targets. I always grin really big when a nail comes out of the hole first especially when I get a really good audio signal, because I know that's not what my Tesoro was sounding off on.

tabman

Tesorohunter

Mar 22, 2015
N.C
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how deep were the silvers, if i may inquire?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally got the crud off.

tabman

Vaquero%20Dirty%20Money%20001_zpspvrwfanv.jpg

wolfdog

Sep 24, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The black almost looks like paint. They sure cleaned up nice.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are the Tabman!! :notworthy:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice hunt there must have been fun !! :occasion14:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks. I don't normally find coins around here that come out the ground looking that. It took a lot elbow grease to clean them.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice hunt there must have been fun !! :occasion14:

Thanks. It's always fun, but this high heat and humidity is taking its toll on me. I can't wait for Fall to get here, so I can hang in there longer.

tabman

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Or a fire ? I was finding coin after groaty coin at an old house site. Then I realized that the springs etc. scattered around them were from a burned couch.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds tab!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or a fire ? I was finding coin after groaty coin at an old house site. Then I realized that the springs etc. scattered around them were from a burned couch.

I don't think that it was cause by a fire. I'm thinking it's the type soil. It's different than what I usually detect in.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to be at least every week! I just haven't had time or it's been 95 degrees with 90% humidity. I am not much for sweeting while detecting since I'm outside a good portion of the day in this heat!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread