Tesoro Vaquero - Dirty Silver

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been waiting on some rain since my last hunt, but it never came. Today it was cloudy, windy and had a 50% chance of rain. I decided I couldn't wait anymore, I needed a silver fix.

I decided to detect the yard that was next to the one that I last detected. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tesoro/465904-tesoro-outlaw-rampage.html I had high hopes since I found plenty of silver in the yard next door.

Right off the bat I found a silver quarter. That got me fired up. The next silver coin that I found was so black and dirty that I thought that it was a clad coin at first. After a closer look I realized it was a silver coin.

Then I found what I thought was a junk ring. It was all tarnished so I threw it into my pouch.

The next silver that I got was a mercury dime and it to was also all blacken and tarnished. That made me take a closer look at the ring again. It turns out to be silver, not a junker as I first thought.

This is the first time ever that I've run into blacken coins like this. Most coins that I find come out of the ground as clean as can be. The coins that I found around 40 feet away next door were all bright and shiny. I wonder what the deal is?

Oh yeah, my setting were: discrimination just above iron, a little negative on the ground balance and full sensitivity and I also found 12 wheat pennies.

tabman

Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20002_zpshyr6khbf.jpg
Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20004_zpshv46uv6v.jpg

Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20006_zpsuqec9e0t.jpg
Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20008_zpsgerkvjan.jpg

Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20009_zpsvasdz0c1.jpg
Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20012_zpsux9wiji6.jpg

Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20016_zpsvyhsnrhu.jpg

Vaquero%20Dirty%20Silver%20013_zpsr24m7uao.jpg

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a very good hunt. Congrats on the 3 silvers and the ring. :thumbsup: Looks like the site kept you busy bu looking at the number of targets you dug.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a very good hunt. Congrats on the 3 silvers and the ring. :thumbsup: Looks like the site kept you busy bu looking at the number of targets you dug.

Thanks. I try to keep the discrimination set low and dig most every audio signal in hopes of finding a gold ring or unmask a silver coin. Quite a few of my silver coins that I find are in holes with other trash targets. I always grin really big when a nail comes out of the hole first especially when I get a really good audio signal, because I know that's not what my Tesoro was sounding off on.

tabman

Tesorohunter

Mar 22, 2015
N.C
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how deep were the silvers, if i may inquire?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally got the crud off.

tabman

Vaquero%20Dirty%20Money%20001_zpspvrwfanv.jpg

wolfdog

Sep 24, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The black almost looks like paint. They sure cleaned up nice.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are the Tabman!! :notworthy:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice hunt there must have been fun !! :occasion14:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks. I don't normally find coins around here that come out the ground looking that. It took a lot elbow grease to clean them.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice hunt there must have been fun !! :occasion14:

Thanks. It's always fun, but this high heat and humidity is taking its toll on me. I can't wait for Fall to get here, so I can hang in there longer.

tabman

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Or a fire ? I was finding coin after groaty coin at an old house site. Then I realized that the springs etc. scattered around them were from a burned couch.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds tab!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or a fire ? I was finding coin after groaty coin at an old house site. Then I realized that the springs etc. scattered around them were from a burned couch.

I don't think that it was cause by a fire. I'm thinking it's the type soil. It's different than what I usually detect in.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to be at least every week! I just haven't had time or it's been 95 degrees with 90% humidity. I am not much for sweeting while detecting since I'm outside a good portion of the day in this heat!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread