peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro silver umax and fisher f44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi there everyone,
im sure there's something wrong with my silver umax which i just love. i got the silver umax as a Christmas gift 3 or 4 years ago and it never gave me any problems. Husband is in the military so we were moved to Alaska a while ago. When i unpacked my silver umax from the move, i noticed that the battery test toggle did nothing. I put fresh batteries in but still nothing (No beeping). I've taken the cable off and put it back together and nothing has changed. I also checked to make sure the battery was installed correctly. Also part of the battery test toggle is the all metal mode which is toggled on. I noticed that all metal mode isn't working. I've tested it a couple of ways. Today, I put my gold wedding ring on the carpet of our house (it's winter here in AK and no fun outside right now) it didn't pick up on it at ALL even when i was right over it while all metal mode is toggled. When i changed the discrimination all the way to min disc, it picks up my gold ring. I know that Tesoro has a great warranty, that's one of the things that sold me on it, but i dont want to have to send it off if i dont have to, since i dont know what the turn over is on repairs and we are moving within the next couple of months and not sure where we will be when it's ready to come back. Just figured i would ask if anyone knows what could cause these problems and if there's a possible quick fix.
thanks for listening :hello:

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
give tesoro a call, surely they will help you out with it. its winter and not going to be using it. send it in.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My toggle did that once on the silver uMax I had. I flipped it from battery test through am to disc mode a few times and it just started working. You may try a small amount of electrical contact cleaner in the base of toggle switch. Good luck and welcome aboard!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Tesoro detector is the very best for deep buried treasures that is not deep enough for a 2 box detector?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What Tesoro detector is the very best for deep buried treasures that is not deep enough for a 2 box detector?

Tejon with 12" x 10" coil, or Sand Shark with 10.5" coil.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
What does depth and coil size have to do to help answer peeboo's question . ?????.... I would try what Fletch said to try ... That might fix it ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
peeboo

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I'll give it a try. Otherwise I may be sending it off for repairs. Wish I wasn't stuck in frozen Alaska. My heart breaks for penetrable soil.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as it switches from am to disc I really wouldn't worry about sending it all the way to Prescott AZ. Mine simply started working after a few trips and exercising the toggle a bit.

OP
OP
peeboo

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It stays in discrimination and won't do all metal mode unfortunately and I have had this problem for 2 yrs lol. Shame on me.

OP
OP
peeboo

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's as if the toggle doesn't do anything at all. Love a good warranty though. maybe it will work better than ever when I get it back. ��

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's as if the toggle doesn't do anything at all. Love a good warranty though. maybe it will work better than ever when I get it back. ��
That's the spirit gal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions