Tesoro vaq or xp deus

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nuff said! :occasion14:

as you must know there Terry their history.from 1980-2004 they were doing pretty well with keeping up with stuff. then i guess the old man retired or they lost their good engineers. 2012- restickered a machine, the outlaw. beginning of 2014-announcement of a new machine and dropped out of social media. 2015-company rep comes on forum and scolds customers wanting a bit of info of new machine and puts company in with the ranks of Sony. come out with a coil, color change. beginning of 2016-full two years after announcement of new machine. still not one iota of info of any kind. no matter what they made in the past and how good it is/was. any person would not see this company as being vibrant, viable, or innovative anymore. and if they can, either they are on drugs and need to get off them or they are not on drugs and need to start using them. haha

Last edited:

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
as you must know there Terry their history.from 1980-2004 they were doing pretty well with keeping up with stuff. then i guess the old man retired or they lost their good engineers. 2012- restickered a machine, the outlaw. beginning of 2014-announcement of a new machine and dropped out of social media. 2015-company rep comes on forum and scolds customers wanting a bit of info of new machine and puts company in with the ranks of Sony. come out with a coil, color change. beginning of 2016-full two years after announcement of new machine. still not one iota of info of any kind. no matter what they made in the past and how good it is/was. any person would not see this company as being vibrant, viable, or innovative anymore. and if they can, either they are on drugs and need to get off them or they are not on drugs and need to start using them. haha

In defense of Tesoro, and all this has been said before...

When they announced the development of a new detector, they asked for a name AND what kind of features the new machine those in the hobby would like to see. Not too many companies do that! I think everyone assumed that this new machine would come out shortly after, but clearly, as has been stated, it was only in the beginning design stages and they were asking for input... That's awesome!

Then, the founder of the company died. This is a small family owned business and this was certainly a difficult time for the company. Although he was retired, he may have been involved in the new detector's design... I don't know this, but it is a possibility.

Tesoro IS working on new machines... All you have to do is call and talk to somebody. No, they will not give you details. Why would they do that? Metal detecting is a competitive market. Why would any metal detecting manufacturer, especially a small family owned company, hint to their competitors what they are researching, designing, innovating, etc, etc...

Finally, the current machines do work, and work well. Yes, the Outlaw is, in essence, a revamped Bandito 2 micromax, but in their defense, when they discontinued this machine a lot of people were unhappy...so Tesoro releases a machine built off of the bandito umax platform and... they get clobbered for it... SOME PEOPLE WILL NOT BE HAPPY NO MATTER WHAT TESORO DOES!

Finally, I am glad that TEsoro takes its time in both development and the release of new equiptment... How many of you bought that new Turkish Racer... It came out when, last October or November, not more than 4 or 5 months ago, well guess what, now there is the NEW and IMPROVED Racer 2, a few new program/digitized/pixelated features for you to rush out and plunk down another 600-700 dollars for. For those of you who might be interested in this new version, you might want to hold onto your funds and wait a few more months for the Racer 3. But they are not the only ones doing this, look at Tecknetics Omega 8000 - 8500 (we can probably expect a 9000 down the road, changing what a nob does or something like that) or Garrett's Ace 150-200, 250-300, and 350-400. They all have TID now, which in all honesty is an improved feature for this series but, this is not NEW technology, just re-packaged.

So... Let's cut Tesoro a break OK?

OP
OP
Oyvind Pedersen

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro vaquero. Previous: minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good words!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XP Deus. Then I would Sell it, and get a Vaquero, and spend the rest of my money on weed and prostitutes.
If you are caught and arrested, off to jail you will go, and no detector for many years to come for you. I will purchase a new Vaquero in April or May.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

When they announced the development of a new detector, they asked for a name AND what kind of features the new machine those in the hobby would like to see. Not too many companies do that! I think everyone assumed that this new machine would come out shortly after, but clearly, as has been stated, it was only in the beginning design stages and they were asking for input... That's awesome!

Then, the founder of the company died. This is a small family owned business and this was certainly a difficult time for the company. Although he was retired, he may have been involved in the new detector's design... I don't know this, but it is a possibility.

Tesoro IS working on new machines... All you have to do is call and talk to somebody. No, they will not give you details. Why would they do that? Metal detecting is a competitive market. Why would any metal detecting manufacturer, especially a small family owned company, hint to their competitors what they are researching, designing, innovating, etc, etc...

Finally, the current machines do work, and work well. Yes, the Outlaw is, in essence, a revamped Bandito 2 micromax, but in their defense, when they discontinued this machine a lot of people were unhappy...so Tesoro releases a machine built off of the bandito umax platform and... they get clobbered for it... SOME PEOPLE WILL NOT BE HAPPY NO MATTER WHAT TESORO DOES!

Finally, I am glad that TEsoro takes its time in both development and the release of new equiptment... How many of you bought that new Turkish Racer... It came out when, last October or November, not more than 4 or 5 months ago, well guess what, now there is the NEW and IMPROVED Racer 2, a few new program/digitized/pixelated features for you to rush out and plunk down another 600-700 dollars for. For those of you who might be interested in this new version, you might want to hold onto your funds and wait a few more months for the Racer 3. But they are not the only ones doing this, look at Tecknetics Omega 8000 - 8500 (we can probably expect a 9000 down the road, changing what a nob does or something like that) or Garrett's Ace 150-200, 250-300, and 350-400. They all have TID now, which in all honesty is an improved feature for this series but, this is not NEW technology, just re-packaged.

Why should they be givin a break? They are the boneheads who asked for a name before they even started making a new machine. Then, when people asked for a little basic info of it, Nathan comes on and scolds us like we were a bunch of 5 year olds. Certainly saying if it is going to have a screen, be waterproof, or have the 4or5 pin coil. maybe an update on at least what year they will hope to have it out. None of that would give away any secrets. I give credit when credit is due. Anyone can say that they are working on something. It is their job to keep the customer informed. What, the customer is suppose to call them? Then be happy with the piss put in our ear they called rain? Some people will always be happy no matter what tesoro does or even does not. If it took them 8 years to revamp an exisiting model, the outlaw. How long do you think it will take them to make a whole new design? Yes, a small family company. But, yet Nathan claimed they are in the same bracket as Sony and that they are a "global company." It's just plain ridiculous. They dont deserve a break. Like i said, they should merge with another company. One that will put some fire under their butts, provide some motovation, leadership. And those who cant handle it, get rid of them. Thats the kind of break they seem to need.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro is kicking butt with their current lineup of detectors even against a lot of the other companies newest and latest releases. In the right hands a Tesoro is deadly.

tabman

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And more importantly in the right spot. If it ain't there a $2500 machine won't find it! Lol

OP
OP
Oyvind Pedersen

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_2016-02-17-11-30-07.png

Mail from Allan cannon :) tesoro is a viable company!

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1273953

Mail from Allan cannon :) tesoro is a viable company!

wonder why they have not replied to the non new machine comments, or anything else, on their facebook page in over two years. people have been there saying how pleased they are and do not get a like from them. actions speak louder than words. how can people take them seriously? all the communication they have been doing is through someone else. why cant they do it themselves? get second hand communication from them and suppose to believe they are viable? the people there are a joke. claim they value their customers, yeah right. we are working on it. they cant even make a FB post or reply on social media. LOL.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Amen.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wonder why they have not replied to the non new machine comments, or anything else, on their facebook page in over two years. people have been there saying how pleased they are and do not get a like from them. actions speak louder than words. how can people take them seriously? all the communication they have been doing is through someone else. why cant they do it themselves? get second hand communication from them and suppose to believe they are viable? the people there are a joke. claim they value their customers, yeah right. we are working on it. they cant even make a FB post or reply on social media. LOL.

I know break up's are emotionally painful jld66, but you HAVE to let Nathan go. He just wasn't into you and you MUST accept this. We all know you are attacking Tesoro because you are hurt, but Tesoro is not your enemy, and Nathan is not pressing charges in your "domestic" incident, so just try and move on. 8-)

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know break up's are emotionally painful jld66, but you HAVE to let Nathan go. He just wasn't into you and you MUST accept this. We all know you are attacking Tesoro because you are hurt, but Tesoro is not your enemy, and Nathan is not pressing charges in your "domestic" incident, so just try and move on. 8-)

haahha. Nathan is just one small cog in that weak gear and with the mentality of his last rant. that is the mentality of tesoro? nobody there can take the time to even make a FB reply? maybe even chime in on these forums once a month? not even the owner, your "personal" friend there Terry can or tell someone to? thats all im saying. it is so laughable that a few of you have such faith in them. like was said to someone, tesoro could take a crap on your porch and you would be pleased that they did because, it was tesoro that did it. act like they are saving lives or something. lol. besides, i like getting you fanboy's blood pressures up also. Nathan is not my type anyhow, i like women and have a good one. haha. i think more your type Terry? lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I'm a homosexual black woman jld66. You got me! But even though I am a gay black woman, NO one is crapping on MY porch and getting a kiss for it. Hey. I want Vince and Nathan to be MORE responsive to forums and Social Media - including Facebook, but they are not. You know why I don't freak out over that? Because I can pick up a phone - Just Like You - a heterosexual white man, and call the President of Tesoro, or Nathan, any time I want Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm, and ask them whatever I want. Try that with Whites; Garrett; Fisher; Bounty Hunter; Teknetics (all First Texas?);Minelab.

Yes, even an overweight homosexual black woman can figure that out jld66. I guess my real question is, why can't you? 8-)

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I'm a homosexual black woman jld66. You got me! But even though I am a gay black woman, NO one is crapping on MY porch and getting a kiss for it. Hey. I want Vince and Nathan to be MORE responsive to forums and Social Media - including Facebook, but they are not. You know why I don't freak out over that? Because I can pick up a phone - Just Like You - a heterosexual white man, and call the President of Tesoro, or Nathan, any time I want Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm, and ask them whatever I want. Try that with Whites; Garrett; Fisher; Bounty Hunter; Teknetics (all First Texas?);Minelab.

Yes, even an overweight homosexual black woman can figure that out jld66. I guess my real question is, why can't you? 8-)

havent you comprehended what i wrote. it is they who were all posting and stuff doing the name vote thing, active online. then i guess they figured they screwed up and dropped out of everything. it is them who need to keep us informed. we call or email, if they decided to respond, and get the same old, we are working on it and other things too. i know you and others probably feel privileged to buy tesoro detectors. it is all of us customers that keep them in business and should face up to us as adults. to me it would seem a better use of their time to tell us on social media than to sit on the phone with people. imagine the time that would save. they had no problem doing it when announcing. most of us when we are going to spend our money would like some kind of timeline when something will be done and, at least a little of, what to expect when it is. thats all im saying. with all due respect, dont you think after more than two years, they would show us some courtesy on here? when people ask what is a good machine to get, i still say a tesoro, because they are a good machine. im not anti-tesoro. just think, though good service, they have the worse public relations in the business. their lack of communication over the new machine is just not right. you just dont announce a new product before you even start developing it. that is just plain stupid no matter who you are. lol

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...when people ask what is a good machine to get, i still say a tesoro, because they are a good machine....

Nuff said. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Oyvind Pedersen

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why hesitate when tesoro just works?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Words! Big Deal!! I'm tired of words I would like some action. I want a NEW model Tesoro. I think I will wait 3-4 month then pull the trigger on something else. Would much rather have a Tesoro though!

You don't own a Tesoro, probably never have, so stop posting in the Tesoro forum and go buy the Whites you've always wanted!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread