dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whose minds are the complainers trying to change in the 'TESORO FORUM? I could spend a lot of time in the other detector forums bashing them about all the things that I thought were wrong with their detectors and marketing, but that's not going to accomplish anything. This constant badgering by a few posters is getting a little out there in left field. If I thought another brand of detector was better than Tesoro, I'd sure wouldn't be wasting my time in the Tesoro Forum. If someone wants something new and different there are a lot of detector companies out there that will take their money. What are they waiting on?

tabman

Maybe tesoro will change their mind and start communicating.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is what I consider out in left feild.

The few that think whatever tesoro does or does not do is pure gold. now that's not even in the ballpark. never mind left field. LOL...

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You actually think that YOU are going to change Tesoro's mind. LOL

tabman

No I'm not going to change their mind. But you surely aren't implying I'm the only one questioning their silence? If you are you have your head in the sand. This is a big topic on other forums also.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The few that think whatever tesoro does or does not do is pure gold. now that's not even in the ballpark. never mind left field. LOL...

Who are the "few that think whatever tesoro does or does not do is pure gold"? Names?

tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah, you never did say who the "some" are that bought the black Tesoro and are saying that they're deeper and better.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jld66
Oh, now some are saying the black models are better than the gray one's? haahhaaha. I guess if your foolish enough to buy something you already have just because it is a different color, you have to try and claim to yourself and others it is better i imagine. LOL. I bet the people at tesoro are having a real good laugh over that.

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know if you are referring to me but I don't hate on tesoro. If you are happy discing out pennies with the lose of depth that comes with running that much disc I'm surprised. I prefer running zero disc and having tones. As far as having to have the newest thing on the market, that misses me also. My favorite detector is a 14 year old explorer I got for $275.
Your not really defending their lack of communication are you? I love the idea of a small mom and pop business. But the silent keep them guessing treatment ain't working.

"I prefer running zero disc and having tones"... There are times when that's what I want as well, which is why I own a Golden micromax. Or, you can still get a Cortez with tones in the SUM mode.

It is too bad the Golden was discontinued... I will grant you that. The Golden is a sweet park machine and it can be set up to ID almost all pull tabs differently from small gold rings (can slaw is another matter/nightmare).

But you know very well, that with deeper targets, tones and TID can become mixed and jumpy and truly good targets will be interpreted as bad. The only way to really know is to dig. There is an older house sight I have permission to hunt and I don't think tones and TID would be much more of an advantage than a Tesoro single tone with great iron discrimination.

My best find ever is a 14 kt. Gold cross that, because of its design, made a jumpy low iron to lower middle tone with a little upper middle tone mixed in occasionally. I don't know why I decided to dig except I was still learning the machine and wanted to see what was making that awful racket!

Anyways... Not sure why I feel I need to defend Tesoro, other than the fact that the two I own are fun to use. I don't really like the analog signal being interpreted too much with digital programming. I like the nobs and switches. And I do like tones as well, which is why I am hoping at least one of the new machines they are working on will have tones (I feel certain it will). But as far as communication goes... One can always call them. If you call with a question about a detector or a problem you might be having you will get a service person on the other end of the line. Good service is good communication is it not?

Plus, I am sure that when they are ready to announce something they will. Just look at the new RSD coil, all was quiet and then suddenly the website posted a new product and selected dealers were showing off the new coil on YouTube. The forums were buzzing by the end of the day.

Last edited:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No I'm not going to change their mind. But you surely aren't implying I'm the only one questioning their silence? If you are you have your head in the sand. This is a big topic on other forums also.

Do you think that the small group of people who constantly and needlessly bash Tesoro is going to change Tesoro's mind? Get Real!

tabman

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who are the "few that think whatever tesoro does or does not do is pure gold"? Names?

tabman

you answered your own question there tabman. as far as the other thing about the black machines. figured i would end that before people started claiming they were. haha. starting to think this is your forum like you did the other one now. where others had to back up their statements to you. when you claimed tesoro was having a hard time keeping up with orders, was going to expand, and was hiring employee's. yet, you would not reveal where you got that info. just that you knew more than you could say. gee, thats not the case at all. and im not going to go searching for and copying it to remind you. we all have opinions on here and if you dont like some people's replies, dont read them. this is everyone's forum, not yours. though it took awhile, the moderators on that other forum should have finally made that clear to you.

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think that the small group of people who constantly and needlessly bash Tesoro is going to change Tesoro's mind? Get Real!

tabman

You call it bashing, I call it responding to grandiose claims. I wish that I had read more reviews both good and bad when I bought my vaquero. I won't have been so surprised.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you answered your own question there tabman. as far as the other thing about the black machines. figured i would end that before people started claiming they were. haha. starting to think this is your forum like you did the other one now. where others had to back up their statements to you. when you claimed tesoro was having a hard time keeping up with orders, was going to expand, and was hiring employee's. yet, you would not reveal where you got that info. just that you knew more than you could say. gee, thats not the case at all. and im not going to go searching for and copying it to remind you. we all have opinions on here and if you dont like some people's replies, dont read them. this is everyone's forum, not yours. though it took awhile, the moderators on that other forum should have finally made that clear to you.

How did I answer my own question? There are a lot things that I'd like to see Tesoro do.

So what you stated about people saying that the depth of the black Vaquero being better wasn't true. You made it up? And as far as me stating that Tesoro was having trouble keeping up with orders, that's true. That's what I was told by Tesoro. I don't recall that being any secret or I couldn't reveal my source. I'm pretty sure it was Rusty who told me that.

tabman

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here! A Tesoro in the right hands is deadly. Other detector manufacturers keep coming out with new detectors but they still haven't beat Tesoro yet.

tabman

I agree with my friend, new does not mean better.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You call it bashing, I call it responding to grandiose claims. I wish that I had read more reviews both good and bad when I bought my vaquero. I won't have been so surprised.
What is good and bad about the Vaquero? I am thinking of purchasing one in April or May. I would enjoy hearing you opinions.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always hear people say they want a Tesoro with tones....I will admit a 2-tone relic machine from Tesoro would interest me; but if you want a multi-tone machine look at a Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Teknetics, Whites, Deus, Makro, Nokta, Bounty Hunter, etc.....They all make multi-tone machines....why would Tesoro want to add a horse to that crowded race? I have owned several Tesoro's from the Compadre to the Vaquero and Tejon and even the lowely Compadre has quality is a excellent deal at its retail......Now, if we look at the entry level machines of other "bigger" companies we can find some real junk. The Whites Coinmaster is the biggest piece of crap I have ever used and the new Go-Find machines from Minelab are right on its heels!

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

tabman

the only name on there is yours and you were the one wrote it. see, you answered your own question in your own reply. gee, even the joking around with you has to be explained?:laughing7:

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
I always hear people say they want a Tesoro with tones....I will admit a 2-tone relic machine from Tesoro would interest me; but if you want a multi-tone machine look at a Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Teknetics, Whites, Deus, Makro, Nokta, Bounty Hunter, etc.....They all make multi-tone machines....why would Tesoro want to add a horse to that crowded race? I have owned several Tesoro's from the Compadre to the Vaquero and Tejon and even the lowely Compadre has quality is a excellent deal at its retail......Now, if we look at the entry level machines of other "bigger" companies we can find some real junk. The Whites Coinmaster is the biggest piece of crap I have ever used and the new Go-Find machines from Minelab are right on its heels!

Well I cannot say much about all those machines, but I will say as a tone machine, the Golden is special. It takes a while to learn and truly understand how to use its controls to your advantage... And for that reason I hope they can somehow find a way to bring it back (with ground balance).

As far as other entry machines... I must agree with you. I bought my daughter one of those yellow detectors that make a "dong, dong" on a good target. That was before I knew about Tesoros. Problem is, that thing IDs all kinds of junk with the bell tone. Wish now I had gotten a Compadre for the same cost... I have never read a complaint about it, not for an entry level machine.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is good and bad about the Vaquero? I am thinking of purchasing one in April or May. I would enjoy hearing you opinions.

Well here goes. If you are relic hunting where it's not really muddy it would be a good choice. Other than that for me there are better choices. I don't like using 9 volt batteries. I don't like where the head phone plug is . I'm really tall and the cord smacking around drives me nuts. I don't like the interface. Knobs and button are hard to protect when muddy. I gave it a year and a half to learn that one tone and what it was not happening. I've used some detectors that are supposed to be very hard to learn and had no problem.. Well we don't speak the same language. I don't like thumbing the disc too easy to move the other knobs. I have big hands. I dug way to much iron. I've used 3 different Vaquero's and each one had sloppy shafts that squeaked the same on each. That's probably going to pissed some off but I'm being honest.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honest Dirtscratcher

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well here goes. If you are relic hunting where it's not really muddy it would be a good choice. Other than that for me there are better choices. I don't like using 9 volt batteries. I don't like where the head phone plug is . I'm really tall and the cord smacking around drives me nuts. I don't like the interface. Knobs and button are hard to protect when muddy. I gave it a year and a half to learn that one tone and what it was not happening. I've used some detectors that are supposed to be very hard to learn and had no problem.. Well we don't speak the same language. I don't like thumbing the disc too easy to move the other knobs. I have big hands. I dug way to much iron. I've used 3 different Vaquero's and each one had sloppy shafts that squeaked the same on each. That's probably going to pissed some off but I'm being honest.

No, no, not upsetting me at all! I am glad that you're being honest. You are a big clumsy guy that is a little slow on the uptake - hey, we get it. I just thank goodness I DO speak "Vaquero." :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread