Tesoro vaq or xp deus

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also waiting on a Vaquero and I've used a Deus 11" coil for almost 2 years....HATED selling the Deus but can't quite afford a new wireless setup at the moment - so I'm trying out a Vaquero in the meantime. There is a park not too far away that will put the Vaquero to the test - many, many 8-9" coins are still there along with some deeper iron trash. Should be a good show once the snow melts...

OP
OP
Oyvind Pedersen

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro vaquero. Previous: minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waiting for vaq with 11x8 coil. It has everything I will ever need I think after reading the "mastering the vaqauero and Tejon" book on amazon

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No brainer for me, the Deus I would choose. You can't really compare the two. I like the Vaquero because it is non-complicated and you don't feel like you would break it if you drop it. It also has the best warranty. The Deus is the most versatile, but we are comparing a $450 machine versus a $1700 one.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you could get one detector for free. Would you choose the vaq or xp deus?

Me? I don't know yet. Waiting for the vaq in the mail and have not tested the deus.

XP Deus. Then I would Sell it, and get a Vaquero, and spend the rest of my money on weed and prostitutes.

OP
OP
Oyvind Pedersen

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha.. Wich detector is the faster one? Would think it was the vaq?

OP
OP
Oyvind Pedersen

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since it's Analog without the digital layer

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i already have a vaq. i will probably get the xp deus next year for a digital machine. Tesoro has not come out with a truly new machine since 2004 with the cibola/vaquero. Why should anyone believe they are anytime soon. With the complete shut down on social media. So many are losing faith in them as a viable company. I say definitely the Deus.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oyvind Pedersen

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm:-) suprising

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While the Deus is my main machine I use my Vaquero just as much. That being said the Vaquero has a way of finding treasure and is so much fun to use. The Deus is a more versitile machine sure but can't really say I find more treasure while using it or the Vaquero.

OP
OP
Oyvind Pedersen

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But has the deus faster recovery speed than the vaq?

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While the Deus is my main machine I use my Vaquero just as much. That being said the Vaquero has a way of finding treasure and is so much fun to use. The Deus is a more versitile machine sure but can't really say I find more treasure while using it or the Vaquero.
the tesoro company is just stagnant. they just dont put out things that keep most people interested. yes, the machines they do have are good. They have not done really anything in over 12 years. the outlaw, a new coil and color change. that's it. no communication with customers. just bored with them as a company. yeah, i like the vaquero, but. haha

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Vaquera goes behind people in hunted out sites and whoops butt really good. To the point I have gotten several guys really ticked off. Digs deeper than I really want to go. Likes to be thrown around a lot. Likes to be dropped and rained on too. My grey ghost headphones also like being dropped and dragged across a 4 lane highway. It's a great setup, That 8 x 11 inch coil is a killer.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the Deus has a faster or slower recovery speed since you can raise or lower it's reactivity. The slower the reactivity and less silencer the deeper it will go. I would say the Vaquero is about as fast as the Deus on reactivity of 2. Deus has reactivity settings of 0 through 5.

OP
OP
Oyvind Pedersen

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have thought that the vaq is the fastest of the two machines. Speed is crucial to me.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No machines recovery speed compares to the Deus imo.

OP
OP
Oyvind Pedersen

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makro racer and Nokta fors core is just as fast as the deus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread