good headphones for tesoro?

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
When I bought my Tesoro, the dealer threw in a pair of Pyramd Headphones for free. In my experience, they work pretty well. They have individual volume controls on each side and nice comfortable padding on the part that goes over your head. Hope it helps.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Almost any headphones will do, but the cheap ones tend to be really uncomfortable. The cheaps ones always give me hot spots after a while. For the best sound you want to buy the headphones with the highest Ohm rating that you want to afford. I paid $90 for some Grey Ghost's. They are very comfortable, I can wear them for hours with no discomfort, and they rate about 92 Ohms. Cheap ones are in the 15-30 Ohm range.

FredCobol

Apr 6, 2007
Chandler, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ, White's MXT Pro, White's Coinmaster 2 TR Deluxe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried out some BlueTooth wireless headphones.

1679757[1].jpg

They sound great on my Minelab Explorer SE.
They sound like crap on my Tesoro Tejon.

They are lightweight. They are cooler (I am in AZ). They have a volume control. There is no cord to get tangled up in.

There is one disadvantage. There is a slight delay in the audio so I have to account for it since the coil will be a couple inches beyond the target when I hear it. But when I switch to pinpoint the swing is slow enough to give me an accurate location.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Killer Bees are great, but any higher end headphones will work well. Gray Ghosts and Rat Phones I hear are good.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Grey Ghost phones on most of my land detectors. However it is important to have a good fit also besides good sound. You should try them on to decide which is best for you.

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nuggetshooter323 said:
Almost any headphones will do, but the cheap ones tend to be really uncomfortable. The cheaps ones always give me hot spots after a while. For the best sound you want to buy the headphones with the highest Ohm rating that you want to afford. I paid $90 for some Grey Ghost's. They are very comfortable, I can wear them for hours with no discomfort, and they rate about 92 Ohms. Cheap ones are in the 15-30 Ohm range.

Thanks nuggetshooter323 !..........That's good information, especially regarding the Ohm values.

This one goes in my MD'ing file ! ;)

Tykit

Jan 20, 2007
Middlesex, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Fisher
My 32 ohm phones and my 150 ohm phones sound the same on the Vaquero. Don't get 8 ohm for sure. Calrad makes 32 ohm, about $35 from some detector dealers.

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tykit said:
My 32 ohm phones and my 150 ohm phones sound the same on the Vaquero. Don't get 8 ohm for sure. Calrad makes 32 ohm, about $35 from some detector dealers.

Thanks Tykit !.............more good info. regarding the "Ohm factor" !

This post is also a keeper and especially apropos, since I plan to acquire

the "V" in the future (saving up $).

Todd ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions