Will Tesoro release a new machine for 2017?

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What could Tesoro release that would be 'new'? There's just one more place for another knob on the Vaquero. Add an adjustable tone break and I'd be happy.

tabman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking multi-tone, possibly multi-frequency, waterproof / resistant, large, lightweight concentric and DD coils, auto ground tracking, notch filtering.. :skullflag:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking multi-tone, possibly multi-frequency, waterproof / resistant, large, lightweight concentric and DD coils, auto ground tracking, notch filtering.. :skullflag:

All of that sounds fantastic! Can you pre order? LOL

tabman

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tesoro like Garrett have never had a VLF that is competitive on salt beaches. Even the AT Pro is out of its league in salt water
Whites, Fisher Minelab all have excellent discriminating multi frequency ground balancing VLFs that work excellently on salt water beaches. That is what Tesoro lacks.

OP
OP
Hobojo

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro like Garrett have never had a VLF that is competitive on salt beaches. Even the AT Pro is out of its league in salt water
Whites, Fisher Minelab all have excellent discriminating multi frequency ground balancing VLFs that work excellently on salt water beaches. That is what Tesoro lacks.

Yes but, they have one of the best PI machines for that purpose. The Sand Shark. I would rather use a PI machine in the salt water anyways. Just my preference.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The Tiger Shark works as well or better on a salt beach as the AT Pro or MX Sport, so there goes that hypothesis - poof! :skullflag:

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a Sand Shark and it is an excellent PI for beach work but is drastically effected by EMI at times where my Infinium and SOV and even my XLT are not.
The Tiger Shark is more suited to fresh water detecting than Salt. This tecta is not even close to matching Minelab BBS and FBS metal detectors or whites BHID or the Fisher dual frequency machines on salt beaches or in the ocean. I have owned and used them all.
I have owned a few Tesoros in my day and we all know they are very good value for money.
Most detectorists here in Aust work the beaches often and although I am a dig it all person, a great many are not and do like to have discrimination available. These people do not like PIs (I love em) simply because they lack Disc.
Tesoro is unfortunately no longer available here in Australia which is a pity because they had a large following until Minelab, Whites and Fisher came out with their very excellent salt beach WP VLF discriminators..

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes please!

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes please!

There was no mention of a display mentioned by Terry originally I see with nice backlighting, would this be an need as well...no, just dig and beep? Does anyone else hunt in the dark with there Tesoro and us an alternate light source instead, curious?:icon_scratch:

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
I would not mind a simple TID screen (or even an analog meter) on a new Tesoro, as long as it worked in the All-metal mode as it currently does on the Cortez/Deleon models. Also, it would be nice to have a switch to let you have a tone break mode as an option over fixed tones. But I know we are well past the wishing phase.

When I look at all the features Tesoro has provided over the years, I don't think they need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to a new machine. Just give us some great depth at discrimination, tones or tone break, or both, no-motion all metal, motion metal, and all with a ground balancing feature in all modes (or with auto tracking GB) and most Tesoro fans would be very happy. In my opinion, the only thing the Outlaw lacked was tones or a tone break feature. The Only thing the Golden lacks is GB and a little more power for greater depth. I have read many say that all the Tejon needs is a tone break feature. That's the kind of thing I mean.

No need to to take years and years to plan, develop, and reinvent the wheel. Another example... look at that Pantera, awesome adjustable notch, tone break and GB. Just needs a better GB adjust (3 turn or 10 turn, not just one) and put it in the Tejon housing and give it the power of a Tejon or Deleon and BAMB! You have a great machine that will sell.

Just my humble opinion.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would not mind a simple TID screen (or even an analog meter) on a new Tesoro, as long as it worked in the All-metal mode as it currently does on the Cortez/Deleon models. Also, it would be nice to have a switch to let you have a tone break mode as an option over fixed tones. But I know we are well past the wishing phase.

When I look at all the features Tesoro has provided over the years, I don't think they need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to a new machine. Just give us some great depth at discrimination, tones or tone break, or both, no-motion all metal, motion metal, and all with a ground balancing feature in all modes (or with auto tracking GB) and most Tesoro fans would be very happy. In my opinion, the only thing the Outlaw lacked was tones or a tone break feature. The Only thing the Golden lacks is GB and a little more power for greater depth. I have read many say that all the Tejon needs is a tone break feature. That's the kind of thing I mean.

No need to to take years and years to plan, develop, and reinvent the wheel. Another example... look at that Pantera, awesome adjustable notch, tone break and GB. Just needs a better GB adjust (3 turn or 10 turn, not just one) and put it in the Tejon housing and give it the power of a Tejon or Deleon and BAMB! You have a great machine that will sell.

Just my humble opinion.

I tend to agree with most of what you mentioned on this, yes a complete new amp line with just adding some of the above features to what they currently have so far may work for them...but I believe as I imagine Tesoro has thought about this as well...when do we change our look? All detectors in the past were a big box, then hip mount then gotten smaller and can't imagine Tesoro someday would venture out without reinventing the wheel as you mentioned and agree with you, but looking at the Makro Racer 2 and possibly the Deus and others how sleek there lines are would you and other Tesoro users "wonder" what it would be like if they didn't go down this path? My thoughts are on design only here..reason being there could be a vast amount of 'beginner' detectorist looking at this when they are out buying as well, and not focusing more on the features it brings from us more experienced users, you need to bridge both worlds, my two cents.

If Tesoro decided to do both, not that they would, but keep their look by adding the features what most are looking for on what they currently have today then had a complete new look as well with the same features, I imagine most people would post and wonder if they would be changing their existing older look to the new updated look?? I do like the knobs and switches and actual buttons if they decided this route. I HATE press pad buttons, as I can imagine it would give Tesoro issues especially if they offer a life time warranty, it would like cost them to much to repair all the time, with the more digital electronics.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you all a Happy New Year and that you find more in 2017 then in 2016. Let us all wish that Tesoro will come out with a new detector in 2017. Good hunting and good luck.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd settle for a mod to eliminate this damn Compadre battery check tone......

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TWO FINGER MOD...

I'd settle for a mod to eliminate this damn Compadre battery check tone......

A few other Tesoros have that as well. The "mod" is to either put two fingers over the speaker, or not put your headhones on 'till it's finished. Not the classiest solution, but..
The battery check toggle switch used on some models was my favorite.

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

And a wireless headphone system.

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They will be either putting a new detector out this year, or very early 2018.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's going to be black! :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread