Sank Shark "talk" ?

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have researched and couldn"t care much less about deeper machines etc. For my needs, initial cost, warranty, performance, etc. I should be quite happy with the Sand Shark. Yes I know that it will pick up any iron in fresh water. I have a mixture of high saline and fresh water lakes here. And if I tire of too many junk targets in the fresh water I can always grab the ATP. And besides, the smaller lakes up here seem to clean out, for the most part, seasonally anyway......However, my basic question with this machine is: Does it have a decipherable "language" like my Tejon ? It has been a few years since I used the T as a dedicated machine and I seem to remember iron as being choppy/scratchy and copper/silver coins as being basically smooth signals..... So I'm asking if the Sand Shark has enough sound nuances to begin my cluing in to bottle caps as opposed to potential rings etc.....I realize that none of this is perfect and that the listener has to process the signals. But after a while a guy usually has a decent guess from the sounds of a machine and the results. I know nothing about the sound responses of the Shark. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Rob in (ca)

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a SS one full summer on a salt water Beach at The waters edge, The SS Is a PI, so Audio wise, it's going to sound the same on Ferrous / conductive Target as with all PI'S do.

You can tell the size of the Target by Audio . The SS was very sensitive to small Targets and had a very smooth stable Thresholds compared to other PI's I have used.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The quick and true answer is, No. Yes, "whisper" signals are deep targets, yes "double beeps" are usually bobbypins - BUT, gold or silver rings with broken bands also give off a double beep. I find a lot more gold and nickels than my buddies with Excalibur's and CZ's because I DO dig it all in the wet sand and surf. Embrace it! :skullflag:

Last edited:

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been wanting to try a Sand Shark in some of the fresh water lakes I hunt. I use a Tiger Shark now and I have done great with it. I know in some areas targets could be so deep that they are out of reach for a VLF machine. Has anybody tried one in a fresh water lake with any success?

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the honest answers fellas, and I am not dissapointed in the least by them. Northern central Canadian lakes are not southern California. Yes we still get the beer caps and bobby pins, but likely nowhere near as bad as larger population centers. If I didn't have some interesting saline lakes, I would go for the Tiger in a heart beat. Also, I've never played with a P.I. machine, so it will be fun.
:icon_thumleft:

Rob in (ca)

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It basically boils down to The (Hunt site) (Is It PI Friendly) you can take any PI to a Hunt site and The First 33 Targets are deep iron, I hope you have a Plan B

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It basically boils down to The (Hunt site) (Is It PI Friendly) you can take any PI to a Hunt site and The First 33 Targets are deep iron, I hope you have a Plan B

Yes sir. AT Pro. I want the Shark for my salty/mineralized lakes and to double in the fresh. If the fresh lakes are packed with iron I will use the ATP. Kind of a local conditions judgement call.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread