Will Tesoro release a new machine for 2017?

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ultimate dream machine a Vaquero with alt switching from manual to auto GB switch like that of the Mojave, a frequency switch from 12.0KHz , to 14.7 KHz, 20KHz, and notch width knob along with the narrow wide switch added like that of the Golden with Threshold Based No Motion All Metal added to it as well along with 3 coil package like that of the Outlaw, maybe a VCO Tone knob know underneath the left hand side for adjustment like the Tejon no need for alt discrimination for me, hey know what Im saying. Price $899.00. :metaldetector:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it will be awhile before Tesoro comes out with their new mid to high end line though they could take the bottom up approach again here while slowly dissipating some of their existing lines. Won't be till late spring even May I think, as they are currently keeping up the manufacturing demand of the Mojave sounds like.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep wanting the best Tesoro, but Tejon just ain't for me yet. The Tejon seems to be a coinshooter's dream with all metal as an afterthought. Two overhead cams (disc circuits) on nitrous...

I thought about a Lobo but they say the depth ain't that hot, the Vaquero beats it.

All I want for Christmas 2017 is no motion all metal Tesoro that allows me to adjust the sensitivity, the ground balance, and the threshold. I don't need a three position pushbutton gimmick or dual overhead cams or any auto-tune circuits doing my metal detecting for me. Shouldnt take much to make an Outlaw the way I expect it. 19 or 31khz,H.O.T. circuitry. If I worked at Tesoro I'd stay late and create my own custom box. lol

/end rant

:occasion14:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? I do not think they will ever come out with a "new" detector. Maybe the same detector with different stickers, knobs and switches? They know their niche and seem to be sticking with what works for them.
They can out with a new detector, call Mojave, which I had purchased, but, yet not out with it, but soon. Good hunting and good luck.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Summer solstice here in the Northern Hemisphere is June 20th, I was thinking mid to late spring for another new release other then the Mojave we already have, anyone else thinking soon?

So far..

Tesoro came out with the Mojave.
Teknetics came out with The Minute Man, The Liberator, and The Patriot, sure would like to grab a Patriot.
Fisher rumors of a Mosca not sure if this is correct found on MD-Hunter Blog.
Makro rumors of a Racer 3 not sure if this is correct found on MD-Hunter Blog
Garrett will come out with sounds like people are saying the AT PRO 2 announcement in May 5th, 2017 ?
Nokta coming out with the Impact sounds like they are shipping already what is being said on Treasurenet.com
Minelab coming out with the Gold Monster 1000.
Whites ?
Bounty Hunter ?

Not sure if I am missing any just posting here on this thread reason, if Tesoro is releasing something there are the other company's that buyers would be comparing obviously.

Oh by the way for web searching corporate branding URL's for metal detector company's overall just suck, only one I can flat out Google straight out with luck is Tesoro.com, Garrett and Minelab.com and get there. I know they are taken by other companys..just saying, not sure if anyone else wanted to express their frustrations on this or just me.

Teknetics2.com
Bounty Hunter is detecting.com ?
Whites is whiteselectronics.com Can live with this.
Fisher is Fisherlab.com Can sorta live with this should be plural. Maybe they only have just the one location. Just sounds better to me if I was shopping around.
Noktadetectors.com and Makrodetector.com I can live with as well.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It hit me today what I want from Tesoro. A relic machine just for me and my bygone railroad right of ways...

Call it the Tesoro "Hobo".....

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking forward in searching with my new Majave for the first time. Wish me well. Yes, it would be better if Tesoro come out with a better powerful detector then the Majave this year.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good luck !

I am looking forward in searching with my new Majave for the first time. Wish me well. Yes, it would be better if Tesoro come out with a better powerful detector then the Majave this year.

Wish you all the best luck with the Mojave! It's a surprisingly good machine. Don't forget though... Location, location!
I got lucky the very first time out with my Mojave, but really, it was mostly just a lucky spot. Barber quarter, dime and early wheatie with Mojave that day; I was in shock. Mojave earned its place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread