Will Tesoro release a new machine for 2017?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0371.JPG

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a better question would be....Will Tesoro still be in business in 2018? They have made some great machines over the years and my Tejon is still one of my favorites, but they seemed to have just "layed down" as of the past few years. How long can an electronics company stay afloat on old designs? That is the question.....

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It might be a company with old designs, yes, but they are still good detectors and rival machines costing much more. I think of it like this....if you take an electric guitar and play on an old tube amp, the sound is much better and has that special mojo than one with an electrical board. Sound processing, or in this case, electrical processing of frequency fields is key. Also they only have 23 employees and to me, that is probably the lowest employee count of any detector manufacture which means they can afford to reduce production for a couple of years if they wish.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bet is yes they will.
They've had some things in the works for a while now....
My guess is yes. But if no, then I'll gladly wait for 2018 :-)

walnut

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't imagine what new feature might be offered that would make anything new worthwhile. I don't really want to dig 12 inches generally, so Vaqueros are deep enough.

The old timers say that if you don't dig pull tabs, you are missing gold. And I believe that. But a machine that can give an edge against pull tabs is really going to be interesting. That is what the Golden might have been about, and now it is gone.

When I am patient, with a Compadre or Vaquero I can find nickels and manage to limit the number of pull tabs. But it is tedious to do.

Last edited:

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought two of them months apart, And i have no desire to look at anything else. Why should I? It is a guessing game of what you are digging even if there is a computer on the detector. Merry Christmas!

OP
OP
Hobojo

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were rumors before the election that a NEW company would be formed.

Ass-soro! was going to be the company's new name and their new detector was going to be called the "Clinton".
It was rumored to be able to tell you whatever you wanted to hear. After testing it was determind that it caused users's email accounts to vanish into thin air and kept getting it's self knee deep in sh**.

The company has since change their name into Pain-in-the ass-soro.
They are focusing on a new type of detector that promise's to make you the best metal detectorist in the world.
It's claim is that you will be a "very, very, very good and quickly big league metal detectorist".

The new detector's name? you guessed it the Trumpet.

Lets hope they get their act together soon.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Sorry I just couldn't help myself.

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My bet is yes they will.

Since our Tesoros work pretty well, it really doesn't matter. Would be nice if they did come out with something new and fun, just so their sales stay up. More important to me though, rather than another new detector, is finding more OLD spots to search... The Tesoros I have are doing just fine. ^_^

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since our Tesoros work pretty well, it really doesn't matter. Would be nice if they did come out with something new and fun, just so their sales stay up. More important to me though, rather than another new detector, is finding more OLD spots to search... The Tesoros I have are doing just fine. ^_^

Nice outlook pinenut...come around spring 2017 I believe we will all be here talking about the new release and to add to your comments more important to me though "I" think as you mentioned that their marketing and advertising teams find ways to keep their sales up BUT what is more important to me then finding more "old" spots to search as there will always be more old spots to search what would scare me more is not seeing a Tesoro release soon. As I believe alot of us believe yes as you said the Tesoros currently we own are doing us just fine.

Thanks for posting this and HH.

Last edited:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My bet is yes they will.

I agree with you stoof they will release something in 2017 as if we waited to 2018 they may have missed the boat. Can Tesoro really afford to wait another year?? Im not certain of this but cannot foresee this.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think a better question would be....Will Tesoro still be in business in 2018? They have made some great machines over the years and my Tejon is still one of my favorites, but they seemed to have just "layed down" as of the past few years. How long can an electronics company stay afloat on old designs? That is the question.....

Sorry for all my subsequent posts but just read what DiggerinVA mentioned not reading in order here but totaly believe what he is saying here. Koodos to you Digger.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't imagine what new feature might be offered that would make anything new worthwhile. I don't really want to dig 12 inches generally, so Vaqueros are deep enough.

The old timers say that if you don't dig pull tabs, you are missing gold. And I believe that. But a machine that can give an edge against pull tabs is really going to be interesting. That is what the Golden might have been about, and now it is gone.

When I am patient, with a Compadre or Vaquero I can find nickels and manage to limit the number of pull tabs. But it is tedious to do.

Really good post here walnut and to everyone else tonight, you are all on the ball on what everyone feels and believes are true great Tesoro products bring to the marketplace. Yes the Golden needs to be introduced again with some modifications as a Golden uMax II as a great come back machine and I cannot stress enough what I have heard what the Compadre and Tejon has brought to everyone. I own a Vaquero and am very happy to what this machine has brought already to me this year! I have just begun.

I have not tried the Compadre or the Tejon, or Golden uMax and whom am I to make such a bold statement...all I can say I can't wait to own one some day..if only I can just my wife off my back when everytime she turns around that something shows up in the mail, seriously another metal detector item..come on man! :dontknow:

hh.

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.....if only I can just get my wife off my back when everytime she turns around that something shows up in the mail, seriously another metal detector item..come on man! :dontknow:

hh.

I think mine sort of gave up... Now she just says "what did you get for me...?"... She knows exactly what it is. :tongue3:

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I use my ATPro 95% of the time, and part of that is because I am starting to get the water hunting bug. With that said I know from use that my Tejon is deep and sensitive (proven in use on deep fur trade relics), and I will not part with it. I even bought the new DD coil for it, and just squirreled it away, for later. I have researched the Sand Shark, and it seems more than deep enough for my needs, its a decent price, and has the warranty. Works for me. I don't care much if they bring out a new machine.

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with you stoof they will release something in 2017 as if we waited to 2018 they may have missed the boat. Can Tesoro really afford to wait another year?? Im not certain of this but cannot foresee this.

I agree 100% with this, but for different reasons. By 2018, the technology they are most likely putting into the Caldazor (spelling) might be obsoleted with better technologies being built by their competitors. Unless Tesoro is making a detector that can keep up with
the tech of XP or Minelab, I'm fearful of its future.

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Tesoro sells a lot of product. And a great product for that matter. I don't see them going out. I have no desire to own anything else right now. I said right now! There is a nice Golden on Ebay, It is very clean for the money. Im not buying anything new for awhile regardless the brand.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even with me being a big fan of Tesoro machines....I have to question some of their decisions the last couple years. They discontinued making one of their best machines (Golden) and have still not replaced it.....even after "announcing" the release of a new machine. Why would a company do these things? I am worried that the people running this company are not so worried about its future.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread