Vaquero coil choices???? Help please....

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many people like them, but some don't give them a chance. Because of constant detector switching, barely used ones often show up on ebay and go for good prices.
Why not pick one up and give it a test..? If it doesn't work out for you, it'll always sell again.

I'm betting you'll like it. :sunny:

You bet. Was looking at sold history, 250-300, I'd rather do that than a new Mojave. All my Silver coils will fit it.

:notworthy:

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the part of the country you live I n and the homesteads being probably farmlands I would opt for the Vaquero. It will be much deeper for hunting farm fields and still does exceptional in beds of nails with the 5.75concentric. It shares coils with the Tejon so if and when you want to upgrade you will already have the coils. The Outlaw would be fine for more arid/dry areas but you would be better served with the Vaq.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great post Guys. Vaquero may punch harder as for it's Super Tune feature that the Outlaw does not have, homestead junky areas, hmm still think Tejon would take the cake for Relic hunting on 5.75 concentric mild to moderate soil over the others, although Outlaw would not follow to far behind, for depth hmm how deep you want to hunt old coins even so where the 3 coil really takes it over Vaquero and Tejon, I imagine if I was a owner of all three the 5 pin as Steve posted from the link the Outlaw takes it. If I were dealing what Weglund stated though on more arid/dryer areas yes the Outlaw over the Vaquero, a majority of the discussion on depth and different coils other then the iron and nails, soil and moisture is going to be your concern regarding falsing and halo effect that is why go with Outlaw, wet conditions the Vaquero, if you were dealing with wet high junky areas and soil conditions not so good Tejon gets chatty like that of the Vaquero if not GB correctly (slightly negative/positive depending on your soil) just lower the sensitivity but you will loose some depth not lots.

Outlaw it's nice to have the GB as the others and retune feature I would like..either Vaq or Outlaw would be good choices and I imagine once you here more posted on this thread you will make a good decision in your purchase either way as Tesoro don't disappoint either way.

Last edited:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh another thing Farmland fields vs homstead junky ground totally different area to hunt in by the way from what I have read,heard and seen on the internet. Good reason to own a few Tesoro's:icon_thumright:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did some dealers mark down their Tesoro coils today or did I just wake up?

OP
OP
Tjack

Tjack

Greenie
Mar 26, 2016
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero - Garrett AT Pro - Teknetics Patriot, Liberator, and Digitek
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your posts.... All has been taken into account and is greatly appreciated ... Enjoy your day everyone...

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did some dealers mark down their Tesoro coils today or did I just wake up?

Maybe I woke up in a new dimension today, but Tesoro only has three Delta concentric coils listed?

A 12x10 Delta would be nice, I'm impressed with the one I added to my 5 pin lineup.....

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
I am wondering how the Outlaw would do with the 12 x 10 concentric?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread