🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering if the Mojave will handle this type of environment? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg because we only hunt this place to 3 times a year. There were up to thirty thousand men stationed at this World War 1 training camp but the CTX will not handle the amount of iron above and below the surface. I'm wondering how well the Mojave would deal with this. Any and all input will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 0425171416a.jpg
    0425171416a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
  • 0425171422a.jpg
    0425171422a.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 103

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd have to give the Mojave a shot at that, because there has to be some really good finds located at that site. The Mojave would be my weapon of choice out of my detector arsenal. Also it doesn't cost a arm and a leg. LOL

tabman

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would give it a shot. I have the Compadre, and that's the type of conditions I use it for. If you're coinshooting, I'd set the disc level at the nickel, and start swinging. If still too much trash, move it up until it's bearable. If you're relic hunting, get a backhoe and a sifter. :)

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would definitely try my Mojave with the ground switch on high there and the concentric coil. Any good Tesoro with a small concentric would be great in yhem conditions.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a tough spot, I think..

I'd be wanting to use my Bandido/5.75 there, but Mojave may do the trick. Still haven't tried the 5.75 on my Mojave, but it may do better there than the 7" coil. That spot looks to be heavily nailed..

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a 4" to try on the Mojave in a spot that looks like that.
I didnt have great luck with the 7" Mojave or my compadre with the 5.75".
Ive spent some time with a magnet and a bucket since then to help up the odds.
Hope to try out the 4" this weekend.

Noah

Last edited:

tucando

Greenie
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
Detector(s) used
White's VISION/ MXT Pro- GPZ 7000/3500 & BFO'S- GM3-Compass 77 AUTO
A Compass Yukon 77 B at 100 KHZ will cut though all those nails!

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking the pictures of the Mojave Tesoro looks kind a cheap. I hope it works better than it looks. :icon_scratch:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was looking the pictures of the Mojave Tesoro looks kind a cheap. I hope it works better than it looks. :icon_scratch:

They're inexpensive and work very well. All Tesoros are rugged and good quality, are built in USA and sport lifetime warranty. Looks can be deceiving..

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those space age eye candy detectors have nothing on a Tesoro.
They're not made to be pretty, they're made to find treasure.
Tesoros won't break your back or your bank account to do it either.

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
I cannot speak about how well the Mojave will seperate the good from the bad, in a bed of nails, or how much masking the Mojave would suffer in those conditions, but I will say that, based on my experience in the crushed hot rock parking lots I have, that the "high setting" on the GB switch will not allow the Mojave to run silent. I was just a little disappointed when I tried mine in the parking lots in my area, which are made up of crushed slag, a by-product of the "coke" product used for steel mills. These gravel lots are "hot" and I was hoping the Mojave would run smooth in that high GB setting, but I am afraid not. I think the bits of iron or whatever that makes these rocks so hot are just too large and overwhelming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread