I found a silver quarter with my compadre!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out a couple weeks ago and found this Quarter at a permission. Needless to say, i was thrilled to find my first barber quarter and even more astonished to find it with my Compadre. It was about 7 inches deep with a very strong signal. That said, the discrimination was set below zink penny. As i thumbed the disc up, the signal disappeared and i almost didn't dig. Maybe the signal was lost because of depth?

IMG_1692.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations.
If I may ask, what made you decide to use the Compadre over the E-trac or Tejon, on this fateful day?

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new job that puts me on the road every day. I keep the compadre with me and usually hunt parks with it in my spare time. This was a quick permission that lasted about 20 min. I just sold the E-trac and will soon be getting the CTX-3030. My Tejon will be accompanying me back to this permission as soon as i get an appointment in that direction again. Oh...and when my 3030 comes in im gonna hit the site with it as well!

Last edited:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!!
Remember they all find metal and only things like recovery speed and sensitivity to certain metals change between machines.
But the compadre is phenomenal!
Can't beat it for the price.
Glad to see you getting along with it.
I love my digital machines for their function, however I love my Tesoros all around.
Use what makes you happy!
Glad your mighty compadre worked well for you!!!

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What blows my mind about this find is that its my first silver find with the Compadre and it turned out to be a Barber Quarter. Not a Rosie or merc dime or even a Washington quarter. Talk about luck!

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't wait to get mine when they arrive again.

Great find Ammoman.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First and foremost Congrats on your First! :occasion14:

The Compadre, Cibola, Vaquero, are all underrated. The Compadre is a perfect turn on and go, light as a feather, real metal detector. :headbang:

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, congratulations. It proves that you don't need a 1000 $ detector to find these coins, especialy when you have a Tesoro in your hands.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, congratulations. It proves that you don't need a 1000 $ detector to find these coins, especialy when you have a Tesoro in your hands.

You are correct...I think its more about getting the coil over the target and making sure the ground is covered by overlapping your sweeps. The deeper you go with a concentric coil the more likely you are to miss a target. Also, Location location location. Most coins are less than 6 inches deep and the compadre is a great scout machine. Take it out, find a few good coins then come back with the big guns IE Tejon or CTX

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice silver recovery! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions