$$$$$ Bandido II uMax?

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't really say better or worse.
If you like your GB perfect then the 10 turn is better.
But on any of my machines I get close as I can to my ears then either start hunting, or go a bit negative then hunt.
To me it's not a big deal. And that 10 turn wasn't easy to fit in that location on my cibola lol

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah my dirty lil Compadre got a good wipe down when I was done with it, shows how hard I worked it that day before posting my pics, hey did anyone buy a cover for there Compadre is it worth buying one, my coil is getting quit the work on some hard soil across my street already...

Yes definitely put a cover on. I ordered the cover with mine when I bought it.
I never run without a cover..... Ever.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks as well Stefan I will likely put in an order for headphones and a sand shovel as well, anyone recommend a sand shovel, plastic is ok, don't plan on doing a whole lot of beach detecting here, but if I do the Garrett shovel looks ok.

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen it too and said WOW! I have a Tejon and couldn't bring myself to buy it. I should have pushed the button on that golden for buy it now. But that being said would a golden make me any better of a detectorist than i currently am?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow..

I was surprised to see the price of the nice looking one that just sold.. Seems high to me, but I'm sure that whomever bought it will be happy.

Taking my little bandit back out in a bit, Vaquero for the backup today. Back to an old camping area that's loaded with aluminum blobs, but I learned to get away from the current sites and hunt flat areas that look like they could have been tent spots years ago. Found a '40 "merc" that way last time, and a '48 "rosie" on a previous. Hoping for a little more silver this afternoon, but you never know.. If it's there, Bandido will find it.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was surprised to see the price of the nice looking one that just sold.. Seems high to me, but I'm sure that whomever bought it will be happy.

pixie dust.....lol
:notworthy:

bilder

May 16, 2017
Southwest Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Teknetics Patriot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think I paid $250 for my Bandito new in the box in the late 90's. Nice to see they have kept their value over the years. If only I had kept it.....

OP
OP
Electricfrontporch

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An outlaw just sold for $227.
Didn't bid cause I figured it would be 300 or more.
H ck of a deal

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what "pixie dust" found today..

..I think I'll name that Bandido "pixie dust".. Not very macho, but what the hey. I probably should give her a "bandita" name, as I think she loves me..
Maybe Maria or Lupita? Wifey may not like that though. :tongue3:

Went back to the old campground again this afternoon. It's such a pretty location that I'd be OK even if I didn't find anything good. I know it's been a campground since at least 1930's though, as it's drawn and labeled such on a USGS map, dated 1935. Since I'd done around the campsites, I thought I'd try further away from them, in spots that were relatively flat, where tents could have been set up years ago..
Pixie Dust did his (her?) thing, finding me two more silver Rosies and two more wheaties. :sunny:

IMG_0640.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG

OP
OP
Electricfrontporch

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done sir!
WIth all those silver dimes she finds,
You should call her "Rosalita".......lol