$$$$$ Bandido II uMax?

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's one on eBay for auction. Around $150 currently.
What do you all think it's worth?
Been thinking about an outlaw or vaquero,
but I've heard a lot of good things about the bandidos.

Last few weeks, ebay has been nuts. I was lucky to get an Eldorado for a good deal, but just yesterday a used Cibola went for $300, when new with lifetime warranty is $362.

Pinenut or one of the other old timers here can help you on what it is you want the Bandito II Umax for.

Don't chase pixie dust, I have a closet full you're welcome to....
:occasion14:

OP
OP
Electricfrontporch

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not chasing dust, lol, just thinking about a deeper machine than Mr. Mojave.
It is surprising what new models sell for in relation to new with warrantee.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bandidos are no pixie dust..

Aside from a couple knobs being switched around position-wise and a side decal being a bit messed up, it looks to be in decent shape. Fair price for one in good, working shape.. About $250 more or less. A prettier one may go for a bit more. Last year, "like new" examples were going for about $350.
Remember you'll have no warranty on it, and it could need some repairing..

That model though, is presently my favorite Tesoro. Not the very deepest or the newest, but they sure do work well. They are one of the very nicest Tesoros to use in trashy spots and have a high tone that really talks to me.
That is one Tesoro that I wouldn't call pixie dust.. In fact, I like the Bandido II μmax so much, I have three of 'em. I still take other models out and do find things with them too, but always go back to the Bandido as my #1 favorite.

Below is the one I use the most, bought from another member of this forum. The original ground balance pot was dirty or worn, so I replaced it with a Bourns 10 turn. It works super!

IMG_0358.JPG
IMG_0360.JPG

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pixie dust may not be the best words, I saw a few Goldens recently go for over 500 bucks, that's nuts in my view. Or the Cibola yesterday for $300.

Im assuming this Bandido listed will go for over 300 easy, I'll guess 375, nuts.

But everyone has their own favorite. Right now mine isnt the Outlaw.

OP
OP
Electricfrontporch

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the opinions guys.
Guess I'll see how high it gets.
Picked up a GS2 the other week.
Probably paid too much but it's been an interesting toy to tinker with.
The high pitch is loads different from the newer Tesoros I've used.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pixie dust may not be the best words, I saw a few Goldens recently go for over 500 bucks, that's nuts in my view. Or the Cibola yesterday for $300.

Im assuming this Bandido listed will go for over 300 easy, I'll guess 375, nuts.

But everyone has their own favorite. Right now mine isnt the Outlaw.

Goldens at $500 are way more than I'd spend on 'em too, though still tempted to try one. Cibolas were going for about $200-$225 last fall; not sure why a used one would go for much more. They're an OK park detector, but I actually like the cheaper Mojave better.

Outlaw is a little "quirky", but they're good in trash, too. Bottle caps are no concern with a concentric coil on either the Outlaw or Bandido. The discrimination works where it's supposed to, unlike on a couple of my "HOT" Tesoros. It actually has a little better depth than the Bandidos had, and Outlaw was my favorite Tesoro for a couple months. Still like it, but it's not quite a Bandido.
I think with Outlaw, Tesoro tried too hard to replace the Bandido and improve upon it at the same time. They probably would have been better off continuing on with the Bandido line.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the opinions guys.
Guess I'll see how high it gets.
Picked up a GS2 the other week.
Probably paid too much but it's been an interesting toy to tinker with.
The high pitch is loads different from the newer Tesoros I've used.

I like that higher pitch.. That's what the Bandidos have as well.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's 10 minutes left on a Vaquero with FIVE coils no one has bid on. Minimum is 475, if I didnt have two already I'd jump on it.

Disclaimer : I have absolutely nothing to do with listing.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seen that on ebay, WoW, what a selection of coils to choose from with this great machine! Who ever won this will be a happy camper.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinenut, she looks good. She was my backup Bandido2 MM. Glad to see your using her.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was the older original 23 years model Bandido II that got me started in the Tesoro family. Bought this one for 50 euro to leave it in my car as a back up detector. One day i found out that this old detector was much better on grass and flat white sand than my other modern digital detectors. I tought by myself, if a 23 year old detector already gives such good results how will perform the other more modern detectors from Tesoro and it was the beginning of my big collection of Tesoro's. I'm hooked on Tesoro.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say there's something about the bandido II micromax. I love the audio, love the spread on the disc, just love that thing.
Mine is minty but she still gets used. Gets a wipe down after the hunt though8-)

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah my dirty lil Compadre got a good wipe down when I was done with it, shows how hard I worked it that day before posting my pics, hey did anyone buy a cover for there Compadre is it worth buying one, my coil is getting quit the work on some hard soil across my street already...

OP
OP
Electricfrontporch

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah my dirty lil Compadre got a good wipe down when I was done with it, shows how hard I worked it that day before posting my pics, hey did anyone buy a cover for there Compadre is it worth buying one, my coil is getting quit the work on some hard soil across my street already...

Definitely put a cover on it.

Pablo1961

Greenie
Mar 22, 2017
New Baden
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism
Whites V3i
Tesoro Outlaw
Corteś
LST
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is a Ten better than a Three turn. Do some GBs have only a One turn?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why is a Ten better than a Three turn. Do some GBs have only a One turn?

The 10 turn gives you a finer adjustment
Standard GB pot on the micromax size detectors is a 3¾ turn, and is physically smaller than a 10 turn. Tesoro used a 10 turn on some of the pre-micromax Tesoros. Since the 10 turn pot is larger, a 3¾ is used in the small machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread