Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is what you get with used Kellyco stuff. Sorry.:dontknow:

Funny; I didn't know that Kellyco sold used Lasers. Isn't the Trident II a Vaquero in disguise?
Should be getting those coins up to at least 16cm. :tongue3:

jimars, look at the Tesoro Vaquero manual and set it the way a Vaquero is supposed to be set, then repeat your air tests.
If it doesn't work properly for you, you'll need to contact Pentechnic for repair. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
J

jimars44

Greenie
Jun 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i buy it from ebay.air tests going very good.the problem is in ground.im
Experienced oparator.i forgot said ground is high mineral(black ground).

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i buy it from ebay.air tests going very good.the problem is in ground.im
Experienced oparator.i forgot said ground is high mineral(black ground).

Assuming that you don't reside in USA and since I believe Laser is a Pentechnic product, why not send Pentechnic an email and ask them?

I'm sure that you know high mineralization = less depth. I'm curious though; where are you setting the sensitivity? With Vaquero, I see that I lose quite a bit of depth with sensitivity below the "red zone". My Vaquero like the ground balance set a little negative and sensitivity fairly high. It "chatters" a little that way, but it's where I see the best depth from it.

OP
OP
J

jimars44

Greenie
Jun 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sensitivity setting after 10 in red zone.today ill test it normal mineralization ground. ill try man gr bal more negative.tell me settings vaquero for max depth

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
best depth?

sensitivity setting after 10 in red zone.today ill test it normal mineralization ground. ill try man gr bal more negative.tell me settings vaquero for max depth

First, read the Tesoro Vaquero manual, or the specific manual for your Trident II.

You can find your manual here: Laser Manuals - Treasure World

Learn to "power balance" the ground balance. I could easily explain how, but you should probably find Monte's posts explaining his method of setting ground balance in disc mode. Set threshold at a low, steady hum. Set discrimination just past the "iron" marking - between iron and foil. Run sensitivity as high as you can without detector chirping when swinging over clean areas. Swing coil slowly and as close to ground as possible.

You're now set up for best depth, while discriminating out the smallest iron. Good luck. :icon_sunny:

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jimars44

Greenie
Jun 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, read the Tesoro Vaquero manual, or the specific manual for your Trident II.

You can find your manual here: Laser Manuals - Treasure World

Learn to "power balance" the ground balance. I could easily explain how, but you should probably find Monte's posts explaining his method of setting ground balance in disc mode. Set threshold at a low, steady hum. Set discrimination just past the "iron" marking - between iron and foil. Run sensitivity as high as you can without detector chirping when swinging over clean areas. Swing coil slowly and as close to ground as possible.

You're now set up for best depth, while discriminating out the smallest iron. Good luck. :icon_sunny:

i got the manuals!

OP
OP
J

jimars44

Greenie
Jun 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try it today in manual ground blnce moving a bit negative.27-30cm hit quarter very well and loud.too high mineril ground.thats good very good

OP
OP
J

jimars44

Greenie
Jun 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today i test it in site i was search it 2months ago.i pick up 4 aluminium pieces 1old bullet 1coin 1975(17-19cm too loud fixed grbal)no one rust nail.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
today i test it in site i was search it 2months ago.i pick up 4 aluminium pieces 1old bullet 1coin 1975(17-19cm too loud fixed grbal)no one rust nail.

Sounds as if it's working OK. You need to locate a good area to search, and the machine will find plenty.
Good luck! :occasion14:

OP
OP
J

jimars44

Greenie
Jun 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very happy trident ii.i like ask if anyone knows about after market coils for tesoro.are they tuned good?how can i give more depth wit negative gb without lose discrimination?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread