Gary41

Greenie
Jul 22, 2015
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. I just had to tell someone about my first gold ring in a year of detecting. Went out yesterday around noon and it was hot. Hit a local hiking trail swinging my Mojave. Found a zinc alongside the trail. A few minutes later I came to a fork in the trail. There was about a twelve inch tree there. I swung the coil near the tree base. I got a solid coin signal. The dirt was somewhat hard but I was able to get my digger in a couple of inches. Stuck my pinpointer into the pile and the target was in there. Pushed the dirt around and saw yellow. There it was. I don't know how long it had been in the ground but it was shiny. It a small religious ring with a cross and nice edge work. After finding a fair amount of junk rings I looked for the telltale stamp on inner band and saw something. I had to wait to get home and use the mag glass to confirm there is a 10K stamp. All I found in the two hours I was there was the zinc and the ring. What a fantastic fun hobby. Of all the places I could have swung the coil what made me do it next to THAT tree. Just had to brag to someone.

OP
OP
B

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary, that is simply outstanding! Congratulations! Hope you post a photo. I wish I was good for more than a half hour at a time but the old back says no way.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary, congratulations. Terrific find. Good thing you made the decision to place your coil around that tree. I love searching around trees.

I'm with Bill, would love to see a pic, so we can ogle your treasure.

Gary41

Greenie
Jul 22, 2015
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to post a picture but like I mentioned in the Wheat find I cannot figure out how to post pictures. I've tried a few times but no luck. I take my pics with an iPhone and try to transfer them to a Macbook Pro. Doesn't work. Today I was at a local store and asked two young guys in the electronics dept. They said no problem. Just use Airdrop on my iPhone and airdrop to my laptop. Then when I click on the add picture icon on the thread I can transfer from my laptop. Didn't work. Very frustrating.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Gary
Perhaps Stoofs will read your post and help you figure this out, like he did me. I still don't have it down pat, but have been successful a couple of times. I think it's my phone, not the method.

Stoofs has a way of explaining it much better than I could ever try. He inserts pics to walk you through.

I feel your horrific pain.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Experiencing DeLeon withdrawals.....sad, very sad.
Haven't been on a hunt since last Friday's 90 min hunt.
Just too many personal obligations for a retired man.
Gotta get my priorities in order.

Hey Bill....you a preacher? Might need some counseling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread