Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i read the book right, it said it would be off just a hair in discrimination, but is said to be of benefit to you. The ebook mastering the tejon and vaquero detectors.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short answer is yes.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, you ground balance in All Metal, then you switch to Discriminate mode.:skullflag:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can also ground balance by leaving the disc knob set to wherever, but pushing in the pinpoint button.
Pushing the button in also puts you in disc mode. I like to set my GB slightly to the negative, but that’s me. ^_^

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people say that you can get a better ground balance in discrimination mode by pumping your coil up and down quickly and turning the GB toward the negative side until you get a sound raising or lowering the coil. Then turn back positive until it barely quits sounding off. This will make the all metal some degree too negative but still useable. There are some Tesoro models that the GB in all metal has no effect in discrimination but the Vaquero is not one of them.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's called power balancing. Leaves you negative in disc mode. Can make detector more erratic though if done improperly.
You can do almost the same by GB neutral then turning the GB knob 1/8-1/4 turn negative.
Many ways to skin a cat. Find what works best for you.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also the only modern Tesoro I know that the GB only affects all metal and not disc is the Cortes. And the reason behind this is with the combination of analog and digital, the digital components and the screen readouts are tied directly to the GB.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread