All Treasure Hunting

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a Tesoro DeLeon used worth? I bought it brand new and have not used it much. in excellent shape. I'd like to list it but not sure what price I should list it at. Any Ideas?

I did a search on ebay and filtered by completed sales, looks like 200-400, most being 300-400. Several new ones sold for $450.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally wouldn't pay more than $300 for it. That may sound harsh but without the warranty and what you can get now at the $300 price range. I know of one forsale close to me for less than that.
Cool machine though I always like it your just about a year late on parting with it for top dollar. HH

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used
USING-Tesoro DeLeon, Vaquero, Compadre

OWNED-Bounty Hunter Platinum, Whites Classic II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally wouldn't pay more than $300 for it. That may sound harsh but without the warranty and what you can get now at the $300 price range. I know of one forsale close to me for less than that.
Cool machine though I always like it your just about a year late on parting with it for top dollar. HH

I hear you. I think id just keep it if $300 is all i could get. I will use it as a backup to my newer machine. The thing is a quarter and silver magnet. Was just curious of what I might be able to squeak out of it price wise. Thanks.

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a search on ebay and filtered by completed sales, looks like 200-400, most being 300-400. Several new ones sold for $450.

Hmmm. I just looked them up on ebay. all the new ones are over $500 that I see?
And the used ones are going for more then the new one!? Ya I don't see any under $500 new or used.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm. I just looked them up on ebay. all the new ones are over $500 that I see?
And the used ones are going for more then the new one!? Ya I don't see any under $500 new or used.

Always stand for what you believe.

But you may still own it for a while. A great machine, so why would you want to sell it?

Stand for what you believe is true.

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It may be worth hanging on to for awhile if you don't need the cash. My impression is that fewer Tesoros have come up on eBay since October when the company's troubles became public. The machines may become collector's items; no guarantees, of course!

-Ken

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be worth hanging on to for awhile if you don't need the cash. My impression is that fewer Tesoros have come up on eBay since October when the company's troubles became public. The machines may become collector's items; no guarantees, of course!

-Ken

That explains why the price is up on the used ones on ebay. I guess ebay would be the place to try. Or like you said just keep it. :thumbsup:

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

-Ken

I would expect certain models to become more sought after in the future. The current classics are even more so. It seems that most that get rid of their Tesoroā€™s will outright say they regret it for whatever reason. So, for the OP, donā€™t become one of those guys! The DeLeĆ³n is a desirable machine as you know but right now is the time to keep! Trust me. They donā€™t know what they got til itā€™s gone type of deal.

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would expect certain models to become more sought after in the future. The current classics are even more so. It seems that most that get rid of their Tesoroā€™s will outright say they regret it for whatever reason. So, for the OP, donā€™t become one of those guys! The DeLeĆ³n is a desirable machine as you know but right now is the time to keep! Trust me. They donā€™t know what they got til itā€™s gone type of deal.

Ya I do love it. just trying to recoup some money for another detector. But I think I will just keep it. I have 3 tesoros and all have come through with great finds. I have the DeLeon, compadrea and the vaquaro.
I think im just going to hang on to them all. I will find my fundings else where. Thanks for all the feed back. :icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMHO: I would keep all of them if you can. They are very good machines and they do find the keepers! :icon_thumleft:

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya I do love it. just trying to recoup some money for another detector. But I think I will just keep it. I have 3 tesoros and all have come through with great finds. I have the DeLeon, compadrea and the vaquaro.
I think im just going to hang on to them all. I will find my fundings else where. Thanks for all the feed back. :icon_thumright:
I have 3 as well. Compadre, El Dorado umax, and a vaquero. All very good in certain areas. Canā€™t sell em. I know I will regret it. The Eldorado I have is pristine. Just a little squeak to it on the upper pole is all. Little silicone spray fixed her up nice. Great buy for 225 on the auction site. Paid 400 for the vaquero used with 2 coils back in 2014, and bought the compadre new with 8ā€ back in October.What other machine did u get?

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II Ī¼MAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...The Eldorado I have is pristine. Just a little squeak to it on the upper pole is all. Little silicone spray fixed her up nice. Great buy for 225 on the auction site..

Does that Eldorado have the very late style, matte decals? If so, guessing itā€™s the one I sold for about that. I was a bit disappointed, but that happens. Was a good detector though. Only sold ā€˜cause I have a few spare Tesoros that donā€™t get used...and I still have another Eldorado that looks super - glossy decals on this one.

Anyway, my guess is that a pretty DeLeon will go for around $275 or so. ^_^

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Does that Eldorado have the very late style, matte decals? If so, guessing itā€™s the one I sold for about that. I was a bit disappointed, but that happens. Was a good detector though. Only sold ā€˜cause I have a few spare Tesoros that donā€™t get used...and I still have another Eldorado that looks super - glossy decals on this one.

Anyway, my guess is that a pretty DeLeon will go for around $275 or so. ^_^

Well I believe it shipped from Arizona if that means anything....as far as the decals, they appear glossy to me but I would need to see both to verify. I do know I love it. The disc is great...itā€™s my yard hunter. I fact, I have 4 coils for it now lol. Thatā€™s super cool if it was yours!!

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A nice-looking used Bandido II Umax appeared on eBay today with a "buy it now" price of $299. It sold for that pretty quickly -- before I could rationalize buying it myself! I did some googling, and as of a couple of years ago, folks thought $225-$250 was a reasonable price for one. Looks like the highly-regarded models are holding their value and then some.

-Ken

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
yes! look for your mojave to hold it as well! disappearing already!
tough to find. don't believe they made that many before they quit.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We in Australia still have no solid information as to what has happened to Tesoro.
I imagine some of their detectors will become collectable. Like the Sand Shark, LST, the Golden Sabre. The Compadre has always been well received and performs above its weight.
I believe that at some time they made a tecta that was modular and could be converted from a gold machine to Coin and relic to beach. Don't think it was well received at the time.

There is a chap in the States who seems hell bent on condemning just about every metal detector that is not a Deus or a multi frequency digital machine. I watch his youtube vids and he does have some valid points, but as Tesoro followers we know that these machines work very well.

I will be holding on to my Sand Shark and LST. I also just purchased a Mojave out of curiosity. I do not have it yet but have read some good and not so good reports about this little tecta. I am giving it the benefit of the doubt. It is after all, a Tesoro and I have not had a dud one yet out of five different units. Even my old Bob cat was still going strong up to the time of sale.

Cheers to all and have a great 2019.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
We in Australia still have no solid information as to what has happened to Tesoro.
I imagine some of their detectors will become collectable. Like the Sand Shark, LST, the Golden Sabre. The Compadre has always been well received and performs above its weight.
I believe that at some time they made a tecta that was modular and could be converted from a gold machine to Coin and relic to beach. Don't think it was well received at the time.

There is a chap in the States who seems hell bent on condemning just about every metal detector that is not a Deus or a multi frequency digital machine. I watch his youtube vids and he does have some valid points, but as Tesoro followers we know that these machines work very well.

I will be holding on to my Sand Shark and LST. I also just purchased a Mojave out of curiosity. I do not have it yet but have read some good and not so good reports about this little tecta. I am giving it the benefit of the doubt. It is after all, a Tesoro and I have not had a dud one yet out of five different units. Even my old Bob cat was still going strong up to the time of sale.

Cheers to all and have a great 2019.

no gamble there!..i use my mojave for "totters,and curb strips."
perfect application for it! very smooth audio,and a ton of fun!
that wonderful 7" precision coil is very precise,and the detector is
so light and easy to hunt all day with.i keep mine in the "buggy" with my
gear in a nice lightweight rig that is easy to 'slap" on when i spy a nice ,old curbstrip.
always ready to rock!..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread