Tenderfoot
May 14, 2008
will hunt in CT

relics mostly..coins next..obv I want gold....lol

silver is 240 new..

cibola 340 new

deleon is 325-350 used...

tejon is 400 used

seems like a lot of talking in circles w/ tesoro..It's like comparing each car in the mercedes line..

so,..i'm pretty torn on what to get..

seems like a majority consensus is all over the silver and buy another coil to get as deep as the others.....

is the silver just as much of a beast as the Tejon by doing so?..

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
They are all different machines with strong/weak points(very weak!!!). Most relic diggers are gonna say Tejon, coinshooters are gonna say Deleon etc etc... Do some research and make your selection, you can't go wrong with any of them. I hear alot about the Silver with a 12x10 hanging from it- who knows !!!!

Greg

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
gregl01,

Hi, I'm also in CT. In my opinion, not considering $ I would pick the Tejon, Deleon, Vaquero,and Silver with optional 12" X 10" coil (not the Cibola) The question I would ask you is, Do you like ID or are you good with non-ID detectors? I'll have a used Deleon for sale around the middle of June. I'm just finishing up some field testing on the Deleon. Ck. out my ebay store at the link at the bottom of this message. PM me if you want. Joe

OP
OP
D

divethetrench

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2008
Joe,

thanx...

new to MD..

i've reviewed many posts and have come full circle

obv the tejon and deleon are more powerful machines but are they just as user friendly as the silver?

the idea of buying a more powerful pre-owned machine is always a good best bang for buck strategy in my book. the reduced price for those two make the deal seem nice as the silver u won't get as much off...

.....but could those 2 be too much for a novice w/o any experience?

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
divethetrench,

Always good to do your homework and learn as much as you can before buying. No, the Tejon and the Deleon are not as user friendly as the silver. They have a longer learning curve then the Silver. Being a novice I would suggest you go with the Silver to start off. They have a high resale value if you decide to move up and are eagerly sought after by other detectorists. Joe

OP
OP
D

divethetrench

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2008
joe,...thanx..

I was thinking the same thing,,

but I could get a NEW tejon for 400.oo so i'm still thinking about getting it..but i might end up pulling my hair out trying to work it...

How much more difficult can it be? ..it will it make me not want to use it because of it

thomas_miles25

Jan 25, 2008
Findlay, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon, Tesoro Tejon
My Deleon is one hell of a machine!!! It does not take long to figure it out and it goes deep!!! I wouldnt trade it for anything. I was having the same trouble as you and I finally decided on the Deleon due to the ID and I am glad I did. I would hate to dig all that junk, which with a little use and digging everything u learn quick what it is telling u is true and very accurate. I wish u luck and hope you are happy with whatever Tesoro u choose Tesoro makes damn good detectors!!!!

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
divethetrench said:
joe,...thanx..

but I could get a NEW tejon for 400.oo so i'm still thinking about getting it..but i might end up pulling my hair out trying to work it...

How much more difficult can it be? ..it will it make me not want to use it because of it

divethetrench,

If you can get a new Tejon for $400 new I would grab it! That's like $160 below what you can buy it for anywhere else. Where can you buy it so cheap? Joe

OP
OP
D

divethetrench

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2008
miles,

I like the deleon for exactly ur reasons.. the Id,..seems to be simple to use + packs a great punch..and the not digging up trash thing is primo

all,

I'm still having reservations w/ the Tejon even at a really good price...it seems as if it's the hardest of the 3 to work

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I dont know about other Tesoros because I've not used them. I am simply very deeply in love with my Deleon. Maybe more than my wife but don't tell her...... :wink: lol Great machine!!!! :thumbsup:

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
shanegalang,

LOL ! ! Wow glad to hear you are liking your Deleon so much. Thanks again for buying from me. If you ever need any help just give a holler. Joe

P.S. - I've been using a Deleon myself for the past month or so and it's a great machine.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tejon is not hard to use. I don't understand why people feel that it is. I agree with Joe, if you find one for $400 grab it. You won't regret it.

Dan

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
Look at all the features of the machines that you're interested in, and then buy one based on the features you like best. You absolutely cannot go wrong with any of the Tesoro's. The Tejon and Vaquero are the deepest, but don't just consider depth. Consider the whole package. That said, I own both the Tejon and a Vaquero, along with a Silver and a Cibola. Love them all-best discriminators on the market. Good luck.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JOE(USA) said:
divethetrench said:
joe,...thanx..

divethetrench,

If you can get a new Tejon for $400 new I would grab it! That's like $160 below what you can buy it for anywhere else. Where can you buy it so cheap? Joe

What is the name of the dealer? that is a steal.

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread