Golden U or Deleon?

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
jharhed,

With both machines you will hear the targets the coil passes over. If the discrimination level is set the same on both detectors (no notch on the Deleon), you will hear different tones on the Golden and one tone on the Deleon. The readout on the Deleon gives you a much better idea of what the target is than the Golden. The Golden only gives you a category of the target. The Golden's notch feature is valuable when you have a consistently same junk target that you want to avoid (say a type of pull tab) without losing good targets below or above the notch setting. Therefore,it's my opinion that the Deleon does a much better job avoiding junk.
I'm a Tesoro dealer so let me know if you have any other questions.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, welcome to the forum.

Second, one cannot split hairs as fine as you are requesting. Only YOU can decide which of these two excellent machines YOU can use to find the goodies. Everyone digs trash, no matter how good their detector may be. The operator, you, must get the "feel" for the detector. If you put aside all of the advertisement hype and get to the basics, the TID on the DeLeon is a visual notch and the Golden umax is an auditory notch. Which ever machine you use, you'll have to learn to fine tune YOUR interpretation. No detector ever lies to the operator. They will report all signals they are told to report.

The first step with any new machine, is to learn the operator's manual, forward and backwards. Then practice, practice, practice. Every once in a while, get that manual out and reread it to refresh your memory.

thomas_miles25

Jan 25, 2008
Findlay, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon, Tesoro Tejon
I agree that everyone is going to dig trash unless u don't want gold or deeper stuff!! I love my Deleon and am so glad I am not in the whole deciding which detector to get phase anymore. I would personally say to go with the Deleon but that is just my personal preference. I have not used the Golden but I would much rather have the ID and learn what it is saying. Wish you luck and you cant go wrong with any Tesoro!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread