Prayers one more time please.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
I have asked for prayers for my dad over the last 6 months. Well today the news we have been dreading finally hit home. His Dr. said we are looking at weeks to no longer than Thanksgiving. We knew this was coming, but never wanted to accept it. After spending some time alone and thinking, I came to a peace with the news. What I need prayers for is dad to hold on and get some strength back. My mom and dad will celebrate their 50Th wedding anniversary the 20Th of Oct. We have planned a large party for them. They have been looking forward to this party for quite a while. So if you could please pray for him I would really appreciate it. Thanks again,

Jon.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Prayers from Texas. We pray that God will give him strength to be with us a little longer. I pray for you, and your family also. I wish them a great anniversary. God Bless......

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same from here Lucky ours to you and your parents "Lord please let him have the strength to at least make it to this special day to leave more joyous memories for his family! "

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jon,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Wish I was nearer to give you more moral support and comfort.

Judie

OP
OP
lucky1777

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Thank you all for the prayers. Well things are really tough around here. Last Wednesday my mother in law was life flighted to Peoria. She underwent emergency surgery. She has been in ICU the past week and was showing signs of improving. But today they did another cat scan and found quite a few abscesses in her stomach cavity. She had a leaking bowel. We will find out if they need to go back in to remove them. We did bring my dad home yesterday. My sister spoke with his Dr. and he is waiting to after the party to discuss hospice care with him and my mom. I just hope he stays out more than 5 days this time. Again thank you for your prayers. It really does add a feeling of peace and comfort knowing you all are thinking and praying for us.

Jon..

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, too.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Hey Jon
Please know we are keeping you and yours in our thoughts. Hope your parents will be able to cerlebrate together for their 50th. Hospice is a wonderful program and I am hoping you hear from them soon.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Prayers from Alabama. I wish you the best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread