2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this at the Goodwill for $4.99. Picked it up and my husband was reluctant but I said "I have a good vibe on this one". I got home, researched it and decided I have no idea. I started it at $15.99. Most silver plated stuff I pick up gets set back down but the engraving was what got me on this one. It says presented to Jos Erwin master mechanic for the Sheboygan Fon du lac Railroad by the ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429486915.672943.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429486928.690119.jpg employer in his department July 1972". Must have been the railroad history why it sold so high?!? Thought I would share.

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I keep forgetting about this forum. It's not the way I surf this sight.

Agree, I liked it all one forum. It's not like there are thousands of posts each day to sift through. Also, what difference does it make really if it was at a TS or a GS? Anyway... Lol

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find and great intuition.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Great score! I am sure that the connection to the railroad was the biggest factor in the price that it fetched but one cannot discount the nice engravings.

Frank

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old trophies are just cool looking. The workmanship, shape and style, plus the fine engraving is beautiful to admire ...I'm sure the RR connection was the icing on the cake. I paid 12 bucks for an old local area golf trophy from the 1930's. It was beat up some, but had a nice old vintage Art Deco, look to it. I was surprised to see it get up to $180, plus.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
5 bucks!! I would pay $50 for something that 'one-of-a-kind' from a thrift. Nice job.

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old trophies are just cool looking. The workmanship, shape and style, plus the fine engraving is beautiful to admire ...I'm sure the RR connection was the icing on the cake. I paid 12 bucks for an old local area golf trophy from the 1930's. It was beat up some, but had a nice old vintage Art Deco, look to it. I was surprised to see it get up to $180, plus.

That is an awesome return as well! I love finding things that surprise me when I sell them.

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 bucks!! I would pay $50 for something that 'one-of-a-kind' from a thrift. Nice job.

Haha, I am to cheap to spend that much if I don't want it for myself AND I don't know what it would sell for. Now a piece of jewelry that's a different story!!

Thanks all for the replies :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread