Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot of people don't like to give up their new hot item. If you have something that is different and would like to share please do so.

I have recently started picking up vintage board games from the 70s and up. Older if I can find them. Most people don't have time to play them but still like to have them. My most recent was the Tide of Iron. 5 bucks. Here is a random sample of the game sold on bay. Fantasy Flight Tide of Iron Complete Miniature Tanks Designer Series | eBay

I have others board games from the 70s but have not looked to see if they are complete. If they are not then will sell as pieces/parts.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 years ago the wife and I played a game of make up words similar to scrabble and I gave up searching for it. I have even forgot the name of it.:BangHead:
Marvin

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, board games are about as popular as castings lots these days. My brother who passed in 1972 was a broad game fanatic and one game that comes to my mind he always insisted I sit down and play was a game called Twixt. It was a a great game and your post brings up memories of those times. My daughter on the other hand is a video game nut and I just don't find the same type of encounter and enjoyment with those, plus I stink at it... She just got a management promotion with Game Stop and a new salary position, so she's pretty stoked over that.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 years ago the wife and I played a game of make up words similar to scrabble and I gave up searching for it. I have even forgot the name of it.:BangHead:
Marvin

Upwords? If so, I saw a couple of those today.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Wife remembered--------------the game was OPTION by Parker Brothers.:icon_thumleft:
Marvin

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Vintage video games have been hot for a while but they just seem to be continuing to pick up steam.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this game about 15 years ago for $5. A little rusty, but it does work. I've got the horses around here somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread