You ever feel like just slapping the mess out of someone?

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the rest of the story is that the price suddenly jumped, after they heard what the blabbermouth had to say?

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the rest of the story is that the price suddenly jumped, after they heard what the blabbermouth had to say?

No, they honored the price. That isn't the point though, prices are already high enough on most of their stuff, I don't need some jackass making it even harder to find a bargain in there.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to look it up, great score. Most of the time that is how the TS learn the value of something. I have not had that happen to me but I do run in to a guy who use to do the flea market and always ask in a not so low voice "Going to sell that at the Flea Market"?

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate when people do that. I had the almost exact same experience when checking out with some David Clark headphones also. I had already checked out but was carrying them out when the guy at the door mentioned it to the woman who guards to the door. I definitely don't want the thrift store to think that I buying things and make tons of money. Which is normally not the truth

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say something like, "Funny, I thought I was buying them. Maybe you should talk about the things you are buying, and not my stuff."

I hate rude people, I tend to be one right back at them...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
likely as not its a "sour grapes" bit ..another cherry picker pissed off that you got the "deal" ...and trying to ruin your finds so that you will go elsewhere ....leaving them in sole control of that place... just another hustler trying to out hustle you ...jokes on them this time

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some guy pulled that stunt on me once and I just replied ' ya got that right chump. I don't think the checkout clerk had a clue what was going on or what that guy said. She was just wishing the day was over from the look on her face.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions