Gold clasp style one to watch for.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I may never find another one of these again. And I thought I did a thread on this earlier couple months ago but I cannot find it the update. I bought this locally at a thrift store that was having a sale.. It was $.99 after being half off. It felt heavy and it was very dainty. For how much weight was involved. Ended up being 14.8 g. I just took it to the refinery and he X-ray it. 98.40% gold. Who would have thought! But I wanted to show the type of clasp so that maybe someone here can find something similar one day and not overlook it. It's not marked at all. And there's one part that was repaired so it looked like it was fading but I think they probably fixed it with a lower quality gold. I hope this helps someone out in the future.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1504049514.929776.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1504049578.112846.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1504049596.799298.jpg

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! I think I remember your thread about this. Or at lest that pic of the clasp. $500+ in gold value?! Sweeeeeeeet!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesomeness

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I think I remember your thread about this. Or at lest that pic of the clasp. $500+ in gold value?! Sweeeeeeeet!

The guy told me he's not melting it. Haha. He said he would buy it. But that's it's a good investment. Unless I really need the money... but he was pretty impressed by it.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are cool...I've made the mistake of melting them. I forget where they come from...But there is 22k and 24k stuff out there.

The first time I saw one I thought it was fake. I couldn't imagine a gold chain with that clasp. I forget what I was told about where that style originates.

It's an "M" clasp.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I saw one on here before. This site. Idk. Probably India I would bet. The $600 does sound good though. It's been added to the rainy day fund for now. But sharing is caring and I care! Haha. Have a good night !

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an unmarked chain I think just like that, but shorter and more of a bracelet, in a small town thrift store and it had also been repaired and that's what got me thinking why would someone go through the expense to have it repaired unless it was special?. Took it to the gold guy near home and he used his electronic tester and the needle moved up in the 18K range, but the repair section was done with gold that read in the 10K range. It was just under 6 grams total and I paid 3 bucks for it. Being it wasn't marked and also repaired I did some swapping with him on some other pieces of jewelry that you could ID and sell, plus some cash.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Middle east stuff. They like it pure and not hallmarked half the time. I bump into these from time to time, and it's always a treat.

Hightek

Sep 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a classic 24k gold clasp from Asia. It is almost always 24k if you have that gold clasp.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about having it made into a bracelet since it was repaired. And scrap the difference.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great find!

Thanks for giving the rest of us a heads up, as I would have thought it junk if I were to seen it.

Plus $600.00......thats awesome! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great find!

Thanks for giving the rest of us a heads up, as I would have thought it junk if I were to seen it.

Plus $600.00......thats awesome! :icon_thumleft:

I couldn't not share. I owe the followers of this site
More then you could ever know. So much knowledge learned here. It's been my college education over the years.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I belong to this site and a Canadian metal detecting site, and it always impresses me how helpful people are behind a screen..........it does however make me wonder how things can go so terribly wrong when people interact in public?

It's posters like you that make these sites enjoyable to read. :icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for the information! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread