Finally found some sterling!

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It isn't much but found this sterling weighted vase. Broke it apart to get rid of the weighted part. Total was 58.1 grams of sterling. Not bad! About $30 of silver. I only paid $1.6 after tax.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516225294.197112.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516225304.828127.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516225326.179365.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. I love finding it makes the day so much better! Especially at $1.60. I bought a 10 inch waited Sterling candlestick for a dollar today. After I paid the dollar the guy asked me if I was going to melt it! I was so confused. You knew it was silver and you sold it for a dollar. Do you have anymore?? Lol.

Nice score!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s our there! Keep digging

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at those pictures I just realized just how much you can tell about me just from the background of my picture. I should clean my room..

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how you do it. I've got a couple of tall weighted candlesticks I didn't pay a lot for, but I've left them intact so far. I take the crushed weighted stuff all to the coin shop/precious metals buyer. He very often has some cool pieces to swap crushed silver for. He also buys vintage time pieces, even if they're not gold. I swapped him some silver for a vintage Glycine Airman. Found it was darn near impossible to find the missing rotating bezel crown and stem assembly, so to eBay it went. The guy who bought it somehow restores old Glycine Airman watches and resold mine on eBay for around a grand. He paid me $455. for the one I had. In the end I thought I did pretty well by picking up silver cheap at the thrift stores on that deal.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looool at the messy room thing, is that a pile of rocks on the floor? Cuz if it is I want you to know that I've got piles of rocks all over my place so don't feel bad.

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looool at the messy room thing, is that a pile of rocks on the floor? Cuz if it is I want you to know that I've got piles of rocks all over my place so don't feel bad.

Yes it is. Got piles of really nice schist under my bed and most of what you see in the pictures has some amazing mica in it. This is just my dorm room so it is only what I have "collected" over the past semester. Last school year I got a ~100lb hunk of fossil conglomerate. Hauled it 2 miles in 110 degree heat to my truck. While wearing jeans. Was well worth it. Also got a lot of opal that trip.

Also have random volcanic rocks from one near my school, also under my bed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions