Pawn shop silver

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a pawn shop today in my parents part of town. Guy had trays of sterling silver. Says he sells by weight. Ok, so like $1 a gram? $2 a gram? He says depends on how much you buy. I said .50 a gram would be ok with me. Totally joking. But hoping...
bought 650g for $340 including stones. Going back this week. He said he would pull out some more for me!

Alot of amber. I can update with better pics tomorrow. many signed and navajo pieces as well!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531805293.720924.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531805329.221045.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531805342.247571.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531805356.158554.jpg

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a great collection of high-quality pieces there that should sell for more than scrap. .

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always look for signed popular pieces of silver in pawn shops. I paid $80 bucks for a Georg Jensen necklace once, which was around double the price I think it was on the actual spot value, and I sold for $1100. on eBay. Here they thought they were getting a good margin out of buying and selling silver. The employees in the the big chain pawn shop have to stick to the company policies and only pay what they pay on scrap silver. They have no interest in who made it and it would be too much to teach them all what to look for. Heck the little gal that sold it to me most likely got herself a little commission out of the sale also.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a lot of silver. Time to start listing them.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow beach! Nice haul. Love the amber brooch and the bumblebee pin. Pawn shops around here don't even deal with sterling anymore.The ones that do have designer prices to go with the designer pieces. Especially anything NA related with all these rich Seminoles running around.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow beach! Nice haul. Love the amber brooch and the bumblebee pin. Pawn shops around here don't even deal with sterling anymore.The ones that do have designer prices to go with the designer pieces. Especially anything NA related with all these rich Seminoles running around.

Yeah this was the only one here worth while. The other store had it for $5.35 a gram! The ones back home I dont waist my time with. I went back to get more and he was at $2 a gram. Tried to talk him down but he said NO. Oh well, happy with what I got!

Now if I can get rid of this dang blood clot ill be happier!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Job, congratulations! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread