Picked up an amazing art book on David Webb and his work today

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid $2.50 for it. The lowest price I see for it online is ~80 but that's neither here nor there as I bought it for myself as a reference work of sorts and also as inspiration for my personal creative endeavors, which have turned three-dimensional lately. (Ok, ok, I've been designing my own stuffed animals, but I seem to have a knack for it and a girl can dream lol.) It is truly mind-blowing to flip through and I am quite pleased with the purchase :)
20181117_213212.jpg 20181117_213326.jpg 20181117_213812.jpg

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
kali_is_my_copilot

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captivating is exactly the word I was looking for as I paged through it last night (first by myself and then again later with my mom, who was equally captivated). One thing that really struck me is how truly iconic his work has become. I recognize so many elements of his designs that have been incorporated into costume jewelry in the years since he was most prolific. Also I totally agree with the sentiment that these are the kind of things I dream about coming across in the wild. I told my mom I would probably stroke out if I came across one of his pieces somewhere, it gives me a mild thrill just thinking about how it would feel to, say, pick up a brooch and start to realize I'm holding something truly special even as I'm dumbly turning it in my hand and seeing proof of it.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great book. I would love to find s few of his pieces especially totem necklaces.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread