Old houses, skunked for gold!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted the old house with the deadly mold and honey holes again. I hunted the front yard away from the house when I got close I smelled mold so I left. I did however get away with a bunch of finds. I found $1.09 in clad and a battery a copper pipe a nail and maybe some other trash. I got a fifty cent signal at about 4 inches. I don't dig them much because the chances of a real fifty cent piece being where I dig most the time is rare. Anyway I flipped over the plug and when I see A BIG GOLD COIN my heart jumped out of my chest and wrapped around a telephone line. Just a Token of some kind...Darn I thought! I pull my heart off the line put it back in place and continued hunting. The next signal was another fifty cent hit, a Special Olympics medal. The Special Olympics thing says well... SPECIAL OLYMPICS JOSEPH P. KENNEDY JR. FOUNDATION CHAPTER. (In Perminate marker 197? something, so I am guessing its from the 70's) The Token says REX KING OF CARNIVAL PRO BONO PUBLICO New Orleans (Reverse) The obverse side says TO THE LADIES 1967 BLESS THEM ALL. Any information on these things would be great!!

I went to another house that I think is 1800's early 1900's I knew I would find silver here, but I found almost nothing. Thirty cents in clad what I think is a button of some kind or a shot gun shell thing, and a whatsit. The button is odd, any information would be great its green on the inside and some kind of odd outer rim.

Keep @ it and HH!!
Here are the pictures, sorry they are the best I can do!

Attachments

• oldhouse3 003.jpg
    oldhouse3 003.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 568
  • oldhouse3 005.jpg
    oldhouse3 005.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 554
  • oldhouse3 006.jpg
    oldhouse3 006.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 560
  • oldhouse3 007.jpg
    oldhouse3 007.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 570
  • oldhouse3 001.jpg
    oldhouse3 001.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 552
Upvote 0

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
Very nice finds MUD, I wouldn't be upset by them, although the gold would have been nice!

-Mike

J

JackRussell

nice finds! put a nice mask on to keep the smell out, keep us posted

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Oh, Mudd! I can only imagine how it felt to look down in that hole and see what appeared to be a gold coin!!! But you've got some really cool finds anyway - and I'm sure that elusive gold coin is out there just waiting for you...
Nice work!
Ruth

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

Thanks, I might get a dust mask. I know that yard has more cool stuff. These people must have lost a lot of stuff. Token Turns out to be a Mardi Gras Token. Cool!!

Thanks again,
Keep @ it and HH!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
nice finds man. i would have had a stroke at first if i flipped a plug and saw gold gleaming in the hole! :o

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats ! Still a nice assortment of finds. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Huntin' 59er

brandy

Jan 15, 2005
SOUTH ARKANSAS
Hey Mud, those gold colored coins will give you a rush won't they. I remember turning over a plug a few years back in a similiar situation and seeing the glint of gold. Turned out to be a 1000 peso. Go figure. HH

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, I know if only it was gold... :'( ! That would be cool, been away for sometime. Went and helped build my grandparents brick and stone deck. I will have some more stuff to show off soon!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread