Feels Good to be Dirt fishin again......

GAdirtfishin

Mar 24, 2008
Summerville, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Feels Good to be Dirt fishin' again......

I haven’t completely vanished from the MD scene as many may have thought – this year has been a roller coaster for my family and I. In April my daughter, Annarose Marie Nixon was born 2 months premature and only weighed a little over 2lbs. She spent a month in the NICU at Floyd Medical Center in Rome, GA. I can’t say enough about the people who work there, they are terrific. She is now doing good but I was, needless to say, grounded for the past few months tending to family business.

But now for the good news – I have been able to get out several times recently and have been able to make four new videos of my most recent hunts.

Video #1 - I spent about 2 hours at an old picnic grounds that I had located last year and found a real nice Barber Dime from 1913 (my first Barber Coin).

Video #2 – A Saturday spent detecting is always nice, in this video I found 3 silver coins including 2 Washington quarters and a real nice Mercury dime along with numerous wheat cents.

Video #3 – A trip back to my favorite hunting spot for CW relics netted several good finds including a real beat up IH Cent, a shot 3 ringer and a shot pistol bullet (colt I think) along with a first for me, a tent rope tightener, you can hear the excitement in my voice on this video.

Video #4 – My wife and I were out driving around when I noticed this really old house sitting off of the road on a lot that was really grown up. I found the owner and secured permission. I only spent about 30 minutes at this site as it was my daughter’s first hunt. In this short period of time we found 3 wheat cents and a real nice 1890 IH Cent. This is probably my favorite video that I have made yet due to my little one being in it. Six months ago we were not even sure that she would be here and now she is out dirt fishin’ with daddy – God is good!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and watch my videos – Go Fishin’ with us again, soon. Be sure to watch for more frequent videos from GA dirtfishin.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread