Some recent finds including a few more from the button field....

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I finally got my camera back after being sent out for repair, so here are some recent finds. I returned to the "button field", which produced five more buttons, including the nice ball button and the fancy button pictured. This brings my total to 33 buttons from this site. All appear to be from the mid 1700's to the 1820's. I have only found 4 coins at this site dated 1699, 1787, 1809 & 1839. I know there are more so I will certainly be returning.

The Indian Heads, dated 1891, 1893 and 1883 were found at an old cellar hole site. The 1941 Merc was my biggest dissapointment. I found the site of an old tavern and came up empty handed until I was walking back to my car, when I got a very deep and broken signal. I was using the Super 12 coil. The display read 8.5 inches, but this coin was more like 11.5 inches down.

A word of advice, especially for DFX users. The Indian Head Pennies all could easily have been mistaken for bottle caps. They came in as broken up signals with 51 VDI at about 6 inches. This is the same VDI for the old style bottle caps. I lowered the BOTTLE CAP REJECT down to 1 and it cleared up the signal. Dig those old, deep bottle cap signals!!!

Attachments

• index1.jpg
    index1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 372
  • index2.jpg
    index2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 378
  • index3.jpg
    index3.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 375
  • index4.jpg
    index4.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 372
Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on the nice mix of finds from those spots, good luck :icon_thumleft:
Glenn

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Looks pretty sweet. I hear you on the Merc thing. One site I dug up a silver thinking barber and it turned out to be a silver rosie. Oh well, at least it's silver. :)

Deep IH's with the DFX are tough to pick up - at least that's what Nate tells me. ;D

Bob

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Mirage said:
Deep IH's with the DFX are tough to pick up - at least that's what Nate tells me. ;D

Bob

I think any coin that has mineralized soil bound to it will do the same. I was just reading Hogge's details on finding his 1783 George with the backward "S" (one of only 3 known...an amazing story!), and he said it was a bottlecap signal at 4-6 inches.

Dig those questionable signals!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions