Games

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Ahhhhh the games people play. Went to a park this morning that I rarely go to as it is in a not so good part of town. I prefer to not take too many chances since I MD alone. Anyway I thought well it has been a long time so what the hay???? You know those people that play games with the beach hunters by cutting pennies up and salting them in the sand? Well I have someone who is having a ball burying chucks of metal. I was finding them one right after another all around the kiddie playground. It is chips and each one was actually buried down about 3-4 inches. I thought at first that they were pieces of can slaw but on closer inspection they are not alumina. They sounded off like a quarter but I got pretty good after finding a few of them knowing what it was going to be. Still, I dug them up. I figure this person (or persons) is going to get tired of this new game after a while and if I get them up now I won't find them again later. Sure was frustrating though! I still ended up with a little (very little) clad. So that was my morning.... how was yours? :wink:

JunknMoney120908.jpg

Upvote 0

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like a lot of work for someone to go to to plant that stuff. I can't understand the fun in it for them...are you sure they are not pieces of old playground equipment that were torn down in the past? Looks like they are kinda twisted and mashed.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I was thinking maybe slag from welding during the building of the equipment as I was reading the story. Looks like you had a half way decent day out there but diggin lil bits of metal wears ya out just as fast as diggin quarters or jewelry! :(

pakeha63

Nov 13, 2008
Stockton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Lobo ST
Thats exactly like the pieces of metal I was finding at a playground last weekend. It got to the point of ridiculous so I moved to another park playground, and scored a 14k gold mans wedding band :)

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
I've run into those in one of my playgrounds too. I think it is metal that went through the bark chip grinder. They are a pain in the "you know what" whatever they are.

Old_Okie

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might wanna find a different park, Mum. :icon_pirat: But you did better this morning than I. I didn't get to hunt today. :'(

Nana :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions