First time out with my Etrac

Ripper

Mar 18, 2008
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Etrac with Sunray x1 probe
I finally got to try out my new Etrac Detector. It was 68 degrees yesterday and my friend Dan Stopped by and asked if I wanted to go out. We knocked on doors and were allowed to hunt at three older homes.
I love this new detector, the ergonomics are really good, after four hours I could not feel any fatigue.
The sites had a lot of iron but I had my best day ever, I found my first Mercury dime (1917), my first Washington quarter (1943), and my first buffalo nickel (1937). My neatest find was a 1913 Pa drivers license. I also found a neat pilots pin.

Attachments

• 1913 drivers license008 (Medium).jpg
    1913 drivers license008 (Medium).jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,511
  • Sky Pilot009 (Medium).jpg
    Sky Pilot009 (Medium).jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,529
  • First etrac finds010 (Medium).jpg
    First etrac finds010 (Medium).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,506
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool License :thumbsup: May have some Value

I Believe your Sky pilot wings are from the 40's

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ripper,

Welcome to the site! My Etrac comes in tomorrow, cant wait to hit the IRON sites I heard it was awesome with the Iron and from your post that its not that heavy or rough on the shoulder. Thanks for the post and your finds are awesome too! Gotta love anytime silver pops out of the ground and you nailed on your first day with the ETRAC. Again welcome, I look forward to many more finds from you!!

Crackbadger

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG on some nice oldies, Ripper and welcome to TNET. Hurry up and get a few more hunts in before the return of winter :-\

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Ripper,

well a big CONGRAT on all the firsts with
that new detector; sounds like your off to
a heck of a good start.

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

P

Pentico

Now that is the way to start off a great hobby!
Congrats on the finds. Love the wings!

DN

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
Really nice finds. I love the new Etrac!! It's making my old spots like new again. Good luck in the new year.
Ronin9868

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need something lighter and deeper than my detectors because of my bad back. Etrack looks like as veriy strong possibility. Please post an evaluatlion if you find time. Great finds by the way. Monty

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Sweet finds! And welcome to TreasureNet - the best treasure on the net ;D

rugratt

Dec 19, 2008
Erie, Pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, whites DFX
Nice find and really nice digsm too! Hope you enjoy your new detector..................Happy New years!

OP
OP
Ripper

Ripper

Mar 18, 2008
Western PA
Detector(s) used
I have been trying to find out about the 1913 drivers license, I found an article that stated the following

"Not many know this but the very first driver's license, if it can be called that, was issued way back in 1888. It was issued to Karl Benz by the Grand Ducal authorities. Why? Local residents complained about the noise and smell of his vehicle so he received permission to operate it on the public streets; thus receiving the first ever driver's license. In the United States, the first driver's license was issued only to chauffeurs in New York state on August 1, 1910. The first state to require all drivers to have a license after passing a driving test was New Jersey in July of 1913."

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Sounds like you had a very awesome day! Nice job on the silver and the buffalo nickle! :) I love the License too! :)

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Hey Harry, nice to see you here!!! great finds too ! say hi to the gorgeous wife of yours! Happy new year!

OP
OP
Ripper

Ripper

Mar 18, 2008
Western PA
Detector(s) used
The find is a Chauffer Badge mine has more of the nickel plating.

Pannier Bros. Pittsburg 766846
1913 CHAUFFEUR BADGE-PA
Words and numbers are written over the PA "keystone" emblem. The maker's mark is stamped on the back. Most of the nickel plating has worn off but rare even in this condition!
$95.00 @ GoAntiques.com

Hi Debbie, Happy new year to you and Joe :D

Attachments

• PA badge (Medium).jpg
    PA badge (Medium).jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,212

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
Ripper said:
I finally got to try out my new Etrac Detector. It was 68 degrees yesterday and my friend Dan Stopped by and asked if I wanted to go out. We knocked on doors and were allowed to hunt at three older homes.
I love this new detector, the ergonomics are really good, after four hours I could not feel any fatigue.
The sites had a lot of iron but I had my best day ever, I found my first Mercury dime (1917), my first Washington quarter (1943), and my first buffalo nickel (1937). My neatest find was a 1913 Pa drivers license. I also found a neat pilots pin.

OUTSTANDING :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread