Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the oldest grade school in town and worked the shady side. I have been here before I got my GTI 2500, so I thought to give it another try. Just worked a very small area and worked it hard. Wound up with a 1941 wheat penny, 5 dimes , a quarter and six cents all clad. I also found several bolts, a case lock key, two puill tabs pretending to be nickels, some unknown rusted metal slabs, and what was left of a button that had "Sweet-sorr on it. I Googled Sweet-sorr and found out they were a garment company that imported clothing from South Africa. Quite a bit of junk from such a small area. I really haven't had any realliy good finds since July in spite of really working at it. I have some excellent prospective sites becoming open to me in the fall so maybe then? JIM

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
wheats are always good! i dont know how your luck runs but my mine seems to run in waves. a period of time will go by with not much to write home about,and then all at once i will begin to find stuff. then it cools off again. nice finds none the less!

g45_70

Mar 25, 2005
Kalispell, Montana
Hey Jim! you did OK, Heck I've been on a 11 & 12 cent kick for the last couple of week ends, couldn't seem to get past it. Then here a couple days ago I found a whopping 47 cents!! WOW!!
So hang in there buddy your dry spell will break!! ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree ,

I only Pulled out 2 Wheats Today.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it seems to run in cycles. Now if I couild apply some formula for theories of probability like I use to do in my college statistics course......I could only hunt on good days and sleep in on bad days! ::) Just imagine turning on your detector and a little voice comes over the headphones saying, " Sorry, this is a bad day, access denied"! Do any of the other manufacturers of detectors besides Garrett have a voice that talks to you? Some times I find myself argueing with the voice on my GTI 2500! It will say something like, 5B at 9 inches......, and I'll answer back, You dummy, you just showed me it was a C at two inches! Then I look all around to see if anyone was watching! ;D Little do any onlooker know that a voice was talking to me and I was just answering back! It just gets curiouser and curioser! JIM

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Perhaps you could find someone who does astrology readings on Metal Detectors.

"Let's see, Mr. Jimmileo...your detector left the factory on June 12th, 2003....on that date the cusp of Mercury is on the waning Eagle of the Standing Barber V, with a strong influence by the ring of pulltabs.
Here is your detector's chart for the next 500 years, that will be 3 billion dollars please!"
;D

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
haha, thats great! I think I will have to start a new career as a detector phycic/astrologer, I could use an extra 3 billion or so 8)

I am sure the finds will get better Jimmileo, perseverance pays in the end. I keep telling myself that anyway!

-Mike

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Way to go jimmileo! Wheat is always good.. and the clad is just a bonus!

Congrats buddy! Hope those new spots pan out for you!

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005
Ive been hunting since April. I have yet to find silver, yet to find gold, yet to find any gold or silver rings, and not even a wheatie. All clad coins and a few million pop tops. As old as this town is you would think Id find something.
So dont complain Jim........Im still looking!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
as long as the damn thing doesnt start arguing back!! " I SAID 5b at 9 inches moron!!!!" i think the garrett is the only machine that talks.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, diggerdude101, put your hand on the screen and concentrate.........I see silver in your future, no wheat cents but silver of some type......Oh, drat! You didn't put your hand on the screen, now I can't guarantee it! You see, that's your problem, you don't follow instructions! I know your manual says somewhere that you have to turn the machine on! And throw away all those good luck charms, they don't work! If they worked why would people always be losing them and detectorists finding them? ;D Just kidding, really, cross my heart. Oh rats thats another form of symbolism! You have to find some silver or gold sooner or later, it's in the cards! Ooops, there I go again! Well, thank my lucky stars I don't really believe in that nonsense! So, cross your fingers and keep at it! ;) JIM

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005
Hey Jim

When I turn the machine on, am I supoosed to have batteries in it too????? ;D ;D

I have hunted about 10 different school woodchips, 10 different parks here in town. I still nothing special.
There is about 30 miles of park system here in town. It runs from Northside to town to the Southside and half way across town from East to West.
Along with the 10 parks. Also been on about 20 ballfields. Done some hunting between the curb and sidewalks in street R.O.W. in Older parts of town.

I guess I'm going to have to cross my toes harder!!!!! :D

Mike_Di

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2005
Beaumont, TX
Jim, my husband and I are new to this and we also baught the GTI 2500. We do not seem to understand how this thing works. It will signal that it found something but it is hard to pin point the area. It could be in an area of 12 X 12 or more. We have dug up big area and seem not to find anything. The film shows them digging in a little whole and we dig in feet. It seems not to be working right. Can you offer any suggestions?

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005
He must have thrown his luck my way, because I went to an old school building Sat. for about 1/2 hour before dark. I found my first Silver.... ;D
I found a 1937 Mercury Dime. I'd post a pic but I think everyone knows what one looks like. Man that is a great feeling when you wipe it off and it shines, unlike the 1996 Quater I found next to it.

Thanks for the luck Jim! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread