Condom Tins and Other things from Sept 5

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
What a crazy day of finds. Found one area where there were all of these condom tins. I found three complete ones and two bottoms. They were all smashed pretty good. Had to straighten them out. They are all made of a very thin aluminum. The top left say 3 Merry Widows, Price $1.00, Selected-Tested (each one?). The middle one say 3 MW perfectos, Sold only for the prevention of Disease. The top right says 3 M W Price Perfectos. Sold only for the prevention of Disease. And yes the zipper and garter were found in the same area. Also found a 1971 half and some neat buckles and doodads...Lance

Attachments

• August 05 large cents 073.jpg
    August 05 large cents 073.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 848
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool Finds Lance.

They Don't say REUSABLE do they ;D

Congrats.

Jeff

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
With all them beltbuckels and tins i would say you found yourself a honey hole. :-*
i bet there is a diamond ring out there some where..you know they get in a fight? >:( ...she throws the ring..its at night..while there looking for it they step on it? :'(? and put it right in the ground for you to find ;D
BTW nice finds

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Comfy,

very nice artifacts. Any idea as to dates? Have seen the "Merry Widows" in the past. When did they move from tins to foil? Or when did they start tins?

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

OP
OP
comfyinvermont

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
mattjd said:
Cool finds!

What kind of site Comfy?

HH MattJD
Right next door to where I found the Large coppers and Washington Inaugural button. How is that for a wide variety....Lance

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Cool finds!! So now i know what those tins are, i keep finding the bottoms to them :D ?Arent the buckles and button and garter alot older than ?the tins?

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
If I were to use the contents of a condom tin, I can't think of a better place than granddad's old homestead, assuming I only had a car, or nothing, and nowhere else to go. Of course I wouldn't know anything about those kinds of things. Were these in a secluded area or out in the open? Inquiring minds want to know. Of course the landscape has probably changed since they were dropped, or thrown...

OP
OP
comfyinvermont

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
SugarSand said:
If I were to use the contents of a condom tin, I can't think of a better place than granddad's old homestead, assuming I only had a car, or nothing, and nowhere else to go. Of course I wouldn't know anything about those kinds of things. Were these in a secluded area or out in the open? Inquiring minds want to know. Of course the landscape has probably changed since they were dropped, or thrown...

Actually I think they were Grandads. On a slope under some trees right in the middle of their yard....Lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread