Civil war era site. Gives up some nice keepers.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi everyone, Went detecting this mourning right after work. End up having a really good day. Me and my friend left work this mourning and went to a old grove. We hit it for a little while and I decided it was hit at some point. I viewed the land and said to myself this grove was bigger. So I stepped into the woods. And within 10 mintes I dug the nicest standing liberty I ever found. I continued the hunt. Picked up 2 wheats and a buffalo. I also found this little 1 inch by one inch metal tube casing. When I went to pick it up I dropped it and that small Jesus came out of it. It started to get slow so we decided to move to another spot.

We decided to hit this area that was used during the civil war. I don't want to go into any depth. Public property just don't want anyone to trace it back. I have hunted this area 2 times before. It is a huge area so it takes time to find the old stuff. Well this mourning was the day to be there. I got out of the car dug a wheatie. I never found any old coins in the past here. I kept hunting picking up clad and relics. I got a hit at 8 inches under a tree root. Dug down and out popped a old button with a solid shank.

I was happy to see that the old stuff was still around. There's alot of trash so it takes time to hit stuff. I then went to another area. I dug a large old earing. I then got a deep iffy nickle sound. I dug and out popped a 1909 V-nickle. And then right after that I dug a really nice 1864 indian. I also found a silver ring but it is smashed to death as you can see.

I decided to go and see how my buddy was doing. I told him I had found a good spot. We went together and I then found a 1908 O barber quarter. I also found a canadian dime with no date. It's between 1911-1936. I picked up 10 wheats and 3 arcade tokens.

There is still alot more to be found here. I will get back out this week sometime and see what else I can come up with. Hope you all like the stuff.

Thanks for looking Jeremy

Attachments

• Todays Goodies edited.JPG
    Todays Goodies edited.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 495
  • Today\'s clad edited.JPG
    Today\'s clad edited.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 500
  • Sept Relics edited.JPG
    Sept Relics edited.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 497
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome Collection Jeremy.

WOW !

Jeff

M

mattjd

Greats finds Jer!

Some places like those woods have one or two nice targets then they don't give up anything else.

HH MattJD

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot everyone. I did a before and after pic of these finds to show you guys the condition of the coins I find before I clean them. I forgot to put it up. I would say the standing liberty would get a ef. It looks uncirculated but I dropped it one grade just because it was in the ground for 80 yrs.

Thanks again Jer

Attachments

• Standing Liberty.jpg
    Standing Liberty.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 405
  • Before Cleaning edited.JPG
    Before Cleaning edited.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 430

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really great finds Jer!

;)

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on such a nice haul ! Keep us posted on your future finds.

Huntin' 59er

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WOW!!! You sure are finding some great stuff, WTG!!!
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Very nice spot you got going there. Are you going to try and pop that old thimble back into shape? It looks silver as well.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys, I already tried to pop back the thimble but it is creased to bad. It says it was made in cincinatti ohio. Then it says churngold whatever that means. That was the nicest silver quarter I ever dug. I haven't even found barber's or washingtons that nice. I was very lucky. Someone probably dropped that one in 1925.

HH Jeremy

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Haul!!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Attachments

• Shocked.jpg
    Shocked.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 225
  • Shocked.jpg
    Shocked.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 209
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks everyone. Man Vrent you got some good eye's. They are still there in the wall. They just are worn very slightly.

I think you are right Maggie. My son who is 4 spotted that one. I have him seeing like a eagle. He doesn't miss anything. He'll be a better treasure than I am one day.

Gonna attach a few more photos to look at.

HH Jer

Attachments

• Back side of Liberty.jpg
    Back side of Liberty.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 168

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread