Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After weeks of complaining to my family about wanting to go detecting somewhere other than the back 40 my daughter called me this morning and said she was willing to give up her afternoon and go with me detecting. Wow! So off I go to get her. She had planned on taking me to the club house/boat launch but there was work going on there so we kept going. We ended up at the park where we have family reunions (some of you may remember it on one of my other post). Nobody there except one jogger. Perfect! Got out and started detecting. Five minutes later I could hear Shannon complaining.....I'm ready for lunch! So we pack everything back up, go the block over and have a nice lunch. With the tummy satisfied we head back. This is such a nice place and one would think it would be the perfect place to hunt....but.....The ground was so hard--no digging here! We go over to all the places that have gravel and push them around a bit and settle for scratching around like chickens. There were so many pull tabs and little bits of foil that to find a coin also meant that you found a pull tab right next to it! Every step the detectors went from one end of the scale to the other. But we did manage to get a few keepers and had a great time together. The weather could not have been more perfect nor could have the company. I had a great day! Thanks Shan! ;)

Nana ;)

Attachments

• 0908051.JPG
    0908051.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 460
  • 0908052.JPG
    0908052.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 459
Upvote 0

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Nana , Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your daughter....."Hunt with your kids , not for them".
My kids wouldnt be caught dead MDing with me but they sure do like some of my finds.Im planning on spreading all of my finds over my ten acres up north and leaving each of them a metal detector when I pass.
LOL.......JO

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHA! That sounds like a good idea Jo! I have already warned my family that everytime they have a smarty-pants wise crack that they would not share in my cache that I am going to find! ;D

Shannon has gone detecting with me a couple of times...we always have a good time whether we find anything good or not....just got to keep her away from the snakes and poison ivy! :D She's great company!

And your right about hunting in the woods Haupin.....I love to find those relics and it's so nice and quiet.....just wish one little time I could find an old coin...

And....sorry...but I don't think I should tell the "quip of the day"...I think it's probably one of those things that it wouldn't be funny unless you had been there....and....just a little naughty.....so....Shannon....shhhhhh! :-X

;)

Thanks for the replies...we did have a great time!

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Keepem coming.....

Kermit

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:
nice finds you two! that necklace is interesting. what is it made up of?.........looks like small dice in the picture. ???

Yes red....they are small dice.. ??? I thought they were "different" too... :D

Thanks for all the nice comments you all! ;)

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions